Warriors Extend Win Streak to Seven Games with 108-88 Win over Nets
ORLANDO, FL - The Santa Cruz Warriors (8-3) extended their win streak to seven games with a victory over the Long Island Nets (4-7) on Saturday afternoon, 108-88. Golden State Warriors two-way guard Nico Mannion set a new career-high with 25 points and added eight assists in the win.
Santa Cruz maintained a double-digit lead for the majority of the third quarter until the Nets used a 14-2 run to tie the game at 72 apiece early in the fourth quarter. Santa Cruz regained the lead and never looked back, connecting on a trio of three-pointers within 51 seconds to extend the lead to 17 points with under five minutes to play on the way to a 20-point win.
Santa Cruz and Long Island were tied at the end of the first quarter, 22-22. Santa Cruz held the Nets to 15 second quarter points and used a 12-0 run to take a 50-37 lead into halftime.
Golden State Warriors assignment guard Jordan Poole had 12 points and forward Alen Smailagic added six points. Forward Axel Toupane tallied his third double-double of the season (12 points, 15 rebounds). Dallas Mavericks flex-assigned two-way forward Nate Hinton added 13 point and five rebounds off the bench for the Warriors.
The Nets were led by Kaiser Gates with 16 points (4-of-8 3FG). Forward Reggie Perry added 15 points and eight rebounds.
Santa Cruz will next face the Austin Spurs on February 28 at 8 a.m. (PST) on NBC Sports Bay Area. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Wolves Win 123-114 against the Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Timely Errors Cost Knicks Game over Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Seven Games with 108-88 Win over Nets - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Reed Scores Rookie Career-High 35 Points against Oklahoma City - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Uses Fourth-Quarter Push to Take Down Blue Coats - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Coats Defeated by Oklahoma City - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Receive Two-Way Flex-Transfer Adam Mokoka from Chicago Bulls - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Jordan Poole Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Vaccination Site
- Axel Toupane Signs Two-Way Contract with Milwaukee Bucks
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Donate 50,280 Meals to Second Harvest Food Bank Santa Cruz County
- Warriors Season Ends with Loss to Magic, 108-96