Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (18-29) overcame a 19-point deficit to beat the Austin Spurs (18-27) 107-102 Wednesday evening at Wells Fargo Arena, putting a stop to a four-game losing streak.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin flirted with a triple-double, ending with a team-high 22 points, eight rebounds and a team-high 11 assists in the win.
Marquise Moore tallied his fifth double-double of the season, finishing with 18 points and a game-high 15 rebounds.
Both guards saw a full 48 minutes of action.
Iowa trailed for most of the contest, including a 10-point deficit with just under five minutes remaining. The Wolves would close the game out on a 22-7 run to seal the come-from-behind victory. Iowa outscored Austin 34-23 in the fourth quarter while shooting 55.0% from the field.
With the win the Wolves avoid a sweep of the Spurs, finishing the season series 1-2.
Canyon Barry posted his fourth 20-plus point game of the season, finishing with 21 points and five rebounds.
Evan Smotrycz contributed off the bench with 13 points and a team-high three three-pointers made.
As a team the Wolves dominated in the paint, outscoring the Spurs 60-38.
Travis Trice II led all scorers for the evening, posting 25 points for Austin. Both Trice II and Travis Bader finished with five three-pointers in the contest.
Iowa finishes out its home schedule Saturday night against the Wisconsin Herd at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Windy City Bulls Win Overtime Thriller, Beat Maine 130-127 - Windy City Bulls
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory - Iowa Wolves
- Bohannon's Triple-Double Not Enough in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Long Island Defeats Erie for 10th Win in a Row - Long Island Nets
- Drive's Streak Snapped at Five - Grand Rapids Drive
- South Bay Breaks Through in Final Minutes to Beat Drive - South Bay Lakers
- Phoenix Suns Recall Elie Okobo from NAZ - Northern Arizona Suns
- Atlanta Hawks Sign BJ Johnson to Second 10-Day Contract - Lakeland Magic
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Delgado and Fourth Quarter Eat up Suns in Loss to Clippers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornsby Lights up Sold-Out Comerica Center - Texas Legends
- Stars Begin Road Trip with Win over Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island