Phoenix Suns Recall Elie Okobo from NAZ
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Phoenix Suns announced today they have recalled guard Elie Okobo from the Northern Arizona Suns.
Okobo had been assigned to the NBA G League for the third time this season on March 8. In his most recent assignment, he played in two games, averaging 16.5 points, 6.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals. Overall for the NAZ Suns this season, the rookie has averaged 18.1 points, 7.4 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 steals in nine games (all starts).
He returns to the Phoenix Suns, where he has averaged 5.6 points and 2.5 assists in 43 games (11 starts). Among NBA rookies, he averages the eighth most assists.
The Phoenix Suns next play tonight at Talking Stick Resort Arena against the Utah Jazz at 7 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Windy City Bulls Win Overtime Thriller, Beat Maine 130-127 - Windy City Bulls
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory - Iowa Wolves
- Bohannon's Triple-Double Not Enough in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Long Island Defeats Erie for 10th Win in a Row - Long Island Nets
- Drive's Streak Snapped at Five - Grand Rapids Drive
- South Bay Breaks Through in Final Minutes to Beat Drive - South Bay Lakers
- Phoenix Suns Recall Elie Okobo from NAZ - Northern Arizona Suns
- Atlanta Hawks Sign BJ Johnson to Second 10-Day Contract - Lakeland Magic
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Delgado and Fourth Quarter Eat up Suns in Loss to Clippers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornsby Lights up Sold-Out Comerica Center - Texas Legends
- Stars Begin Road Trip with Win over Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.