Hornsby Lights up Sold-Out Comerica Center
FRISCO, TX, (Mar. 12, 2019) - Keith Hornsby led the Texas Legends' (15-31) scoring efforts, knocking down five threes for the second straight game. The Legends played in front of a sold-out home crowd in the first of a three-game final homestand but fell to the Oklahoma City Blue (30-15) 111-128.
Xavier Johnson put up the first points of the game for Texas, but Oklahoma City quickly answered with a 7-point streak. Shooting 48% to Texas' 40%, the Midwest Division-leading Blue took a six-point edge into the second quarter. The visitors held Texas to 24 points in the second to stretch the gap to double-digits at the half.
Oklahoma City built up their largest lead of the night (+28) in the fourth behind a 14-point effort from Kevin Hervey. The Legends pulled within 14 with just over two minutes to play but were unable to close the gap.
Hornsby led Texas with 19 while Daryl Macon added 17 points, 6 rebounds, and a game-high 9 assists. Kostas Antetokounmpo finished 15 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks, and Donte Ingram hit a new season-high 15 shooting 5-of-7 outside with 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.
Hervey led all scorers with 26 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 blocks, while Thunder assignee Hamidou Diallo added 18 points, 9 rebounds. Dez Wells and KJ McDaniels added 17 and 16 respectively.
Texas finishes off their final homestand with a back-to-back against the Agua Caliente Clippers Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Windy City Bulls Win Overtime Thriller, Beat Maine 130-127 - Windy City Bulls
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory - Iowa Wolves
- Bohannon's Triple-Double Not Enough in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Long Island Defeats Erie for 10th Win in a Row - Long Island Nets
- Drive's Streak Snapped at Five - Grand Rapids Drive
- South Bay Breaks Through in Final Minutes to Beat Drive - South Bay Lakers
- Phoenix Suns Recall Elie Okobo from NAZ - Northern Arizona Suns
- Atlanta Hawks Sign BJ Johnson to Second 10-Day Contract - Lakeland Magic
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Delgado and Fourth Quarter Eat up Suns in Loss to Clippers - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornsby Lights up Sold-Out Comerica Center - Texas Legends
- Stars Begin Road Trip with Win over Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.