Wolves Grind, Nowell Shines in Loss to Red Claws
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (6-7) were unable to come back from a 30-point deficit Friday night against the Maine Red Claws (8-4), losing 127-121 at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Wolves were able to get within five points with 45.4 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter but were unable to complete the comeback.
Iowa outscored Maine 42-26 in the final frame of action.
Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Jaylen Nowell finished with a team-high 23 points in his fifth-straight 20-plus point game. The 2019 second round pick finished 10-of-20 from the field and added six assists.
Six players finished in double figures for Iowa, including 19 points from Barry Brown Jr. off the bench.
Yante Maten finished with a game-high 26 points and 16 rebounds for Maine, finishing 10-of-18 from the floor. As a team the Red Claws shot 51.1% from the floor.
Iowa continues its three-game homestand tomorrow night with a 7:00 p.m. matchup against the Sioux Falls Skyforce.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Gary Payton II Sets Season-High as South Bay Rises over Suns - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Post Tenth-Straight Victory with Win at Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Offense Goes in Loss to Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Jeffries, Kings Run Away with 118-98 Victory over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Grind, Nowell Shines in Loss to Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Career Night from Stephan Hicks Leads Mad Ants to Decisive Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Hold on for Big Road Win - Maine Red Claws
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Drive Throttled by Charge on the Road - Grand Rapids Drive
- Big First Quarter Propels Charge Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Magic Rally Falls Short against Go-Go - Lakeland Magic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Lakers Come from Behind Victory Spoils Brown's Big Day
- Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Minnesota Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Stars Stifle Wolves Offense in Salt Lake City