Career Night from Stephan Hicks Leads Mad Ants to Decisive Victory against Erie
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants defeated the Erie BayHawks, 109-93, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Friday night in the first game of a back-to-back matchup between the two teams.
Fort Wayne (4-10) was led by a prolific scoring night from Stephan Hicks, who set a new career-high with 25 points in a half in the first half tonight. Hicks ended the evening tying a career-high with 32 points on 13-of-18 shooting.
The Mad Ants jumped out to a 13-0 lead in the opening 3:22 of the game and never trailed for the entire night. Fort Wayne grew the lead to as large as 32 in the second half, which was good for the largest lead of the season for Fort Wayne.
In his first game back with Fort Wayne since returning to the Mad Ants yesterday, Ben Moore came off the bench for 10 points and 13 rebounds in 31:26.
Walt Lemon, Jr. ended the night with 15 points, five assists and four rebounds.
Fort Wayne also ended the night outscoring Erie, 72-52, in points in the paint, which ties a season-high for the Mad Ants.
Despite being shorthanded on Friday night, Erie (4-9) was led by 16 points from Jalen Adams.
Erie played tonight without the NBA G League's leading scorer, Josh Gray, and leading rebounder Zylan Cheatham.
Lima, Ohio native, Taren Sullivan, concluded his evening with 14 points and four rebounds.
Kavell Bigby-Williams added 11 points and 11 rebounds for the BayHawks as well.
At the conclusion of the evening, the Mad Ants raised $1,650 for the Mad Anthonys Children's Hope House by auctioning off tonight's "Star Wars" themed jerseys.
Both teams will square off for the final time during the regular season tomorrow night at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Gary Payton II Sets Season-High as South Bay Rises over Suns - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Post Tenth-Straight Victory with Win at Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Offense Goes in Loss to Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Jeffries, Kings Run Away with 118-98 Victory over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Grind, Nowell Shines in Loss to Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Career Night from Stephan Hicks Leads Mad Ants to Decisive Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Hold on for Big Road Win - Maine Red Claws
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Drive Throttled by Charge on the Road - Grand Rapids Drive
- Big First Quarter Propels Charge Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Magic Rally Falls Short against Go-Go - Lakeland Magic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Stephan Hicks Breaks Fort Wayne Mad Ants Three Point Franchise Record
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Wade's Career High Leads Canton by Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations And Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants to Host "You Make the Call" Referee Clinic