Greensboro Falls to College Park
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - Caleb Martin (22 points) and Robert Franks (22) combined for 44 points but it was not enough as the Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, suffered a, 135-111, setback to the College Park Skyhawks on Friday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex.
Greensboro (4-9) fell into an early hole as the Skyhawks (8-6) scored the first nine points of the game. College Park would hold the lead for the entirety of the game, but the Swarm did pull within a possession on multiple occasions in the first half.
Brandon Goodwin had a triple-double to lead College Park, recording 36 points, 16 assists and 12 rebounds in 38 minutes. Marcus Derrickson added 26 points on 10-of-16 shooting. Other double figure scorers included Nick Ward (18 points), Charles Brown Jr. (15), Jordan Sibert (13) and Tahjere McCall (11). The Skyhawks shot 52 percent in the game.
Outside of Martin (22 points, three rebounds) and Franks (22 points, six rebounds, three assists), the Swarm had double-digit scoring efforts from Jalen McDaniels (12 points, three rebounds), Thomas Welsh (10 points, eight rebounds), Josh Perkins (10 points, six assists) and Demajeo Wiggins (10 points, five rebounds).
The Swarm return to the court on Saturday when the Westchester Knicks visit the Fieldhouse for a 7:00 p.m. tip.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Gary Payton II Sets Season-High as South Bay Rises over Suns - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Post Tenth-Straight Victory with Win at Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Offense Goes in Loss to Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Jeffries, Kings Run Away with 118-98 Victory over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Grind, Nowell Shines in Loss to Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Career Night from Stephan Hicks Leads Mad Ants to Decisive Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Hold on for Big Road Win - Maine Red Claws
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Drive Throttled by Charge on the Road - Grand Rapids Drive
- Big First Quarter Propels Charge Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Magic Rally Falls Short against Go-Go - Lakeland Magic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.