Magic Rally Falls Short against Go-Go
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, fell to the Capital City Go-Go 113-100 in front of a home crowd at the RP Funding Center.
The Go-Go came out strong from the start to take a 31-27 lead after the first quarter. The Magic fought back and would pull ahead by four points on a floater at the buzzer by Jon Davis. The score was 57-53 at the half. Capital City had a monstrous third quarter, outscoring the Magic 32-16 to take a 12 point lead into the final quarter of play. The Go-Go would increase the lead to 16 points but the Magic fought back and cut the lead to just eight points with 1:24 left on the clock. Lakeland couldn't overcome the deficit and fell short with the final score 113-100.
BJ Johnson led the way for Lakeland with 25 points, 9 rebounds, and 6 assists. Vic Law also had an impressive outing with 24 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 assists. Hassani Gravett posted 17 points and 5 rebounds while Jon Davis came off the bench to contribute 14 points. Lakeland native, Corey Sanders checked into the game with 3:49 left on the clock in the first quarter and would go on to score 11 points and 3 assists for Lakeland.
The Go-Go had six players in double figures. Admiral Schofield led the way with 28 points on Assignment from Washington Wizard. Jalen Hudson came off the bench to post 20 points and 7 rebounds. Anzejs Pasecniks scored 16 points and 4 rebounds. Garrison Mathews had 15 points and 6 rebounds. Justin Robinson had a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Jerian Grant 14 points, 6 rebounds, and 8 assists.
The Lakeland Magic are back at home on Sunday to take on Long Island Nets. Tip-off at the RP Funding Center is set for 7:00 pm. The game will be available on ESPN+.
Lakeland Magic single-game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Gary Payton II Sets Season-High as South Bay Rises over Suns - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Post Tenth-Straight Victory with Win at Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Offense Goes in Loss to Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Jeffries, Kings Run Away with 118-98 Victory over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Grind, Nowell Shines in Loss to Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Career Night from Stephan Hicks Leads Mad Ants to Decisive Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Hold on for Big Road Win - Maine Red Claws
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Drive Throttled by Charge on the Road - Grand Rapids Drive
- Big First Quarter Propels Charge Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Magic Rally Falls Short against Go-Go - Lakeland Magic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.