Stars Post Tenth-Straight Victory with Win at Blue
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, extended their club-long (Salt Lake City era) win streak to 10 games after defeating the Oklahoma City Blue 106-87 on Friday night at Cox Convention Center.
The Stars were led by Utah Jazz two-way player Justin Wright-Foreman, who finished with a game-high 24 points in just over 24 minutes of play. Mike Scott tallied 17 points, five assists and three rebounds off the bench, while William Howard posted 14 points, five rebounds and three steals. Trevon Bluiett chipped in 16 points and Jazz two-way player Jarrell Brantley added 10 points, six rebounds, four assists and two steals.
The Blue were led by Oklahoma City Thunder assignment player Deonte Burton, who finished with 18 points and 10 rebounds to nab his second consecutive double-double. Justin Patton tallied 14 points, nine rebounds and five blocks, while Abdul Gaddy dished out a game-high 15 assists. Kadeem Jack added 15 points on 7-of-9 (.778) from the field to go with five rebounds and three blocks off the bench.
Oklahoma City came out of the gate hot, taking a 12-point lead with 3:41 left in the first quarter, but Salt Lake City closed the period on a 12-2 run to shorten the Blue's lead to just two points (25-23). The second period saw all three of the game's lead changes and only tie, as the Stars outscored the Blue 33-18 in the frame to take a 13-point advantage (56-43) at intermission.
The Stars held their lead through the final two periods as they outscored the blue 50-44 in the second half. Howard tallied all 14 of his points in the final 24 minutes and Scott notched 11 of his 17 points in the last half to help secure Salt Lake City's 19-point victory.
The Stars held the advantage in turnovers (16-20), steals (14-10), three-pointers (13-10) and bench points (39-30), while the Blue grabbed more rebounds (45-41), tallied more points in the paint (46-32), dished out more assists (25-20) and blocked more shots (11-3).
Salt Lake City will head to Northern Arizona to matchup against the Suns on Tuesday, Dec. 17. The game, which tips off at 6:30 p.m. (MT), will stream live on NBAGLeague.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Gary Payton II Sets Season-High as South Bay Rises over Suns - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Post Tenth-Straight Victory with Win at Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Offense Goes in Loss to Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Jeffries, Kings Run Away with 118-98 Victory over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Grind, Nowell Shines in Loss to Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Career Night from Stephan Hicks Leads Mad Ants to Decisive Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Hold on for Big Road Win - Maine Red Claws
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Drive Throttled by Charge on the Road - Grand Rapids Drive
- Big First Quarter Propels Charge Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Magic Rally Falls Short against Go-Go - Lakeland Magic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Stars Fall to Hot Shooting Kings
- Stars Outshoot Wolves
- Lakers Hold off Stars
- Stars Best Legends in Overtime
- Brantley and Wright-Foreman Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team