Wolf Pack's Dale Weise Earns AHL Player Of The Week Honors
HARTFORD, January 11, 2010: The American Hockey League today named Hartford Wolf Pack right-wing Dale Weise the Reebok AHL Player of the Week for this past week. He is the first Wolf Pack player to win the award this season.
Weise scored goals in all four of the Wolf Pack's games on the week, totaling five goals, the longest goal-scoring streak by a Pack player thus far this year.
In Wednesday night's game against Lowell in Newark, NJ, a 3-2 defeat, Weise's goal at 6:43 of the third period tied the score at two, after the Pack had entered the third session down 2-0. The second-year pro then notched his third two-goal game of the season Friday night, in a 5-2 win in Worcester, earning Third-Star honors. Saturday night in Albany, Weise netted his fourth shorthanded goal of the season, which was the only Hartford tally in a 3-1 loss. Weise then finished the week with a power-play goal in Sunday's 2-1 overtime win at Providence.
With six goals and an assist in his last six games, Weise has upped his totals on the year to 15-14-29 in 41 games, good for second on the Wolf Pack team in goals and third in points. A 6-2, 209-pound native of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Weise, 21, was a fourth-round draft pick of the parent New York Rangers in 2008.
The Wolf Pack are next in action this Saturday, January 16 vs. the Providence Bruins, and that is "Faith and Family Night" at the XL Center. The Wrecking will be performing in the Atrium from 5:30-7:00 PM, and Ten-Shekel Shirt will be giving a special post-game concert in the Atrium. Also, the first 3,000 fans into the game will receive a free Wolf Pack team poster, courtesy of Supercuts.
Single-game tickets for 2009-10 Hartford Wolf Pack regular season home games are on sale now at the XL Center box office, through Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone at 1-800-745-3000 and on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
For information on all the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, including terrific discounts for groups of 15 or more, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com, or call the Wolf Pack ticket office at (860) 548-2000 to talk with an account executive today.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2010
- Sharks Chomp Off Back-To-Back Comeback Victories - Worcester Sharks
- Bulldogs Downed In Overtime By Monsters 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Week Fifteen: Lalande Finding A Groove - Syracuse Crunch
- Chad Johnson Head up to Rangers - Connecticut Whale
- All-Star Banner Raising - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Beat Albany In OT; Lose Two Close Games Over Weekend - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Stars Ready To Shine On Portland - AHL
- Rampage Send Bernhardt And Orpik To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Battle Sled Wings Tomorrow - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Galivan Goes Back To Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- River Rats Offer Pucks And Prizes This Weekend - Albany River Rats
- Matt Keetley Named Heat Player Of The Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Falcons Set For Hometown Heroes Night - Springfield Falcons
- Worcester Sharks To Host 2nd Annual High School Hockey Clash - Worcester Sharks
- Moose Earn A Single Point In Week 15 - Manitoba Moose
- Texas Recalls Korostin, Sends Neal To Idaho - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack's Dale Weise Earns AHL Player Of The Week Honors - Connecticut Whale
- Robert Mayer Reassigned To Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hartford's Dale Weise Named Reebok/AHL Player Of The Week - AHL
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Release Daniel Tkaczuk From PTO - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.