Wizards Rebound at Home
BISMARCK, N.D. March 21, 2008: Wizards forward Carlos Powell notched 37 points to go with his seven assists while only playing 32 minutes enroute to Dakota getting back on track at home beating the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 125 - 102 tonight at the Bismarck Civic Center.
Dakota, who was without the services of rookie guard Blake Ahearn as he was the 20th NBA D-League Gatorade call-up this season to the Miami Heat, started the game at a feverous pace that gave them a 70 -46 lead at the half. The Wizards never let up in the second half leading by as many as 37 points in the third and shooting nearly 65 percent after three.
"We were clicking on all cylinders", said Wizards head coach Duane Ticknor. "The guys knew they had to make a statement tonight and they did. This one feels good, but we have to do it again tomorrow night".
Wizards center Kevin Lyde grabbed his 10th double double of the season grabbing 10 boards while hitting 21 points in the victory. Starting guard Tony Gipson led all with eight assists to go with his 17 points and seven rebounds, while forward David Palmer nailed 15 points in the win.
Fort Wayne, now 15-26 was led in scoring by newly acquired Dahntay Jones with 18 points but only played 31 minutes after getting into foul trouble early in the matchup. Center Larry Turner pulled down his third double double of the year with 16 points and 15 rebounds in the loss. Forward Corey Minnifield finished with 15 points off of the bench.
Dakota, now 24-18, plays Fort Wayne again tomorrow night before wrapping up the regular season home schedule on Tuesday against the Mad Ants. Following this home stand Dakota finishes the season on the road with six straight road games. For more information the Wizards log on to www.dakotawizards.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 21, 2008
- Wizards Rebound at Home - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Fall Short of Comeback in OT - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Toros closeout Vipers in overtime - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders Fall to Jam - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Ahearn Realizes Dream - Dakota Wizards
- Blake Ahearn Earns Gatorade Call-Up To The Miami Heat - G League
- Dakota Wizards Reacquire Guard David Bell - Dakota Wizards
- Los Angeles D-Fender Stephane Lasme Earns Gatorade Call-Up To Miami Heat - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Stephane Lasme Earns Gatorade Call-Up to Miami Heat - G League
- Mad Ants Make Roster Change - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.