Los Angeles D-Fender Stephane Lasme Earns Gatorade Call-Up To Miami Heat
EL SEGUNDO, CA - Los Angeles D-Fenders forward Stephane Lasme today earned a GATORADE Call-Up to the Miami Heat. He is scheduled to join the team tonight in Miami when the Heat hosts the Washington Wizards.
Lasme played in 37 games for the D-League's D-Fenders (14 starts), who are currently two games behind the Western Division leading Idaho Stampede, and averaged 10.6 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 2.6 blocks in 29.0 minutes.
The 19th GATORADE Call-Up this season, Lasme was selected in the second round (46th overall) of the 2007 NBA Draft by the Golden State Warriors and participated with the Warriors in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas before being waived in November.
A four-year contributor at the University of Massachusetts, Lasme averaged 8.6 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 3.4 blocks in 118 career games. As a senior, the Gabon native averaged 13.5 points 9.5 rebounds and 5.0 blocks in 33 games and was only the third player in NCAA history to record four triple-doubles in a single season (2006-07). He left the Minutemen as the school's all-time career blocks leader (399), surpassing Marcus Camby on the all-time list.
The D-Fenders also announced today the reacquisition of guard Cecil Brown and forward Wendell White. Both players are returning from injury and will be available tonight in Los Angeles when the D-Fenders hosts the Bakersfield Jam.
The first 500 fans in attendance for the D-Fenders game on Sunday, March 30th against cross-town rival Anaheim Arsenal will each receive one (1) coupon good for one (1) FREE Burrito courtesy of Chipotle. Having a Lakers ticket for a STAPLES Center home game is also your ticket to a lower level seat for the D-Fenders game that same day. For ticket information call (310) 426-6000.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 21, 2008
- Wizards Rebound at Home - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Fall Short of Comeback in OT - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Toros closeout Vipers in overtime - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders Fall to Jam - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Ahearn Realizes Dream - Dakota Wizards
- Blake Ahearn Earns Gatorade Call-Up To The Miami Heat - G League
- Dakota Wizards Reacquire Guard David Bell - Dakota Wizards
- Los Angeles D-Fender Stephane Lasme Earns Gatorade Call-Up To Miami Heat - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Stephane Lasme Earns Gatorade Call-Up to Miami Heat - G League
- Mad Ants Make Roster Change - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt