D-Fenders Fall to Jam
EL SEGUNDO, CA - Patrick O'Bryant, on assignment from the Golden State Warriors, led the visiting Bakersfield Jam to a 105-97 victory over the Los Angeles D-Fenders Friday at STAPLES Center.
With the absence of Los Angeles' starting big men, Stephane Lasme and Jelani McCoy, O'Bryant enjoyed his second double-double against the D-Fenders with 19 points and 13 rebounds. Lasme, who earlier in the day earned an NBA Gatorade Call-Up, was in uniform with the Miami Heat for their game against the Washington Wizards; McCoy was sidelined with a left groin strain. Bakersfield outrebounded the D-Fenders 50-39.
"They controlled the whole second half. They shot the ball better," said D-Fenders Head Coach Dan Panaggio. "Patrick O'Bryant was able to score inside and block some shots. We just didn't get anything done in the second half."
Sean Banks led the D-Fenders with 24 points, shooting 13-15 from the free throw line. Abdoulaye N'Diaye came off the bench to record his first double-double of the season with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
Bakersfield (8-34) ended the third quarter on an 11-4 run, heading into the final period with a 75-68 advantage. Jam guard Scooter McFadgon came off the bench to lead all scorers with 30. Justin Reed filled the stat sheet with 25 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
"I'm excited about the group we have. They played hard." said Jam Head Coach Scott Roth. "We got down and dug ourselves into a hole, but we were able to take advantage of some situations. We seemed to dominate the boards and Scooter McFadgon's 30 off the bench were big."
Los Angeles dropped their second straight game, sending their record to 28-13 on the season. The
D-Fenders will look to get back in the win column when the Albuquerque Thunderbirds venture to STAPLES Center on Sunday with a 2:30 tip-off. Bakersfield heads back home to host the Utah Flash on Saturday night.
On Sunday, March 30th, the first 500 fans in attendance for the D-Fenders game against the Iowa Energy will receive a coupon good for one (1) FREE BURRITO courtesy of Chipotle Mexican Grill. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 21, 2008
- Wizards Rebound at Home - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Fall Short of Comeback in OT - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Toros closeout Vipers in overtime - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders Fall to Jam - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Ahearn Realizes Dream - Dakota Wizards
- Blake Ahearn Earns Gatorade Call-Up To The Miami Heat - G League
- Dakota Wizards Reacquire Guard David Bell - Dakota Wizards
- Los Angeles D-Fender Stephane Lasme Earns Gatorade Call-Up To Miami Heat - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Stephane Lasme Earns Gatorade Call-Up to Miami Heat - G League
- Mad Ants Make Roster Change - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt