Wisconsin Herd Acquires Center Justin Patton
OSHKOSH, Wis - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, has acquired center Justin Patton off waivers. In a corresponding transaction, the team has waived center Brandon McCoy.
Patton (6-11, 241) appeared in 23 games (22 starts) with the Oklahoma City Blue this season and posted averages of 12.1 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.8 blocks, while shooting 54.7% from the field. Of players who've appeared in 15 or more games this season, Patton's 2.8 blocks rank third, and his 3.5 assists lead all centers while ranking eighth amongst all front court players. He scored in double figures on 13 occasions and totaled three double-doubles. In his final game with Oklahoma City, Patton posted a stat line of 45 points (19-30 FGs), 14 rebounds, nine assists and four blocks. His 19 field goals are the most a G League player has made in a single game this season.
In three G League seasons, Patton has appeared in 72 games (52 starts) and comprised career averages of 11.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.9 blocks on 49.9% shooting. He played in 11 games (two starts) with the Delaware Blue Coats in 2018-19 and he saw action in 38 contests (28 starts) with the Iowa Wolves during the 2017-18 campaign.
Selected by the Chicago Bulls in the first round (16th overall) of the 2017 NBA Draft, Patton has seen action in nine NBA contests, including one appearance with the Minnesota Timberwolves, three appearances with the Philadelphia 76ers and five appearances with the Oklahoma City Thunder. He currently holds NBA career averages of 1.8 points and 1.2 rebounds in 5.4 minutes per game. Most recently, in five contests with the Oklahoma City Thunder this season, he averaged 1.8 points and 1.0 rebounds on 40.0% shooting.
Patton played one collegiate season at Creighton (2016-17) where appeared in 35 games (34 starts) and averaged 12.9 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.4 blocks in 25.3 minutes of action. He garnered shooting percentages of 67.6% from the field and 53.3% from three. In his lone season with the Bluejays, Patton finished second in the nation in field goal percentage, was named the BIG EAST Freshman of the Year and was awarded Second Team All-BIG EAST.
Brandon McCoy appeared in 26 games for the Herd this season and averaged 7.3 points and 7.1 rebounds on 44.9% shooting.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 20, 2020
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Tacko, Tremont Lead Claws in Second Half - Maine Red Claws
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Center Justin Patton - Wisconsin Herd
- Mokoka, Doyle Lead Bulls to Education Day Win, 103-93 - Windy City Bulls
- Delaware Blue Coats to Celebrate Beau Biden Foundation Night to Support the Protection of Children - Delaware Blue Coats
- Greensboro Swarm, Allegacy Federal Credit Union to Recognize Junior Achievement on Theme Jersey - Greensboro Swarm
- Clips Comeback against Kings, Close in on Six Seed - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Comeback to Beat Stockton Kings in Thriller, 134-131 - Stockton Kings
- Hustle Suffer Third Home Loss of the Season, Fall to Skyforce - Memphis Hustle
- Lakers' Third Quarter Blast Keeps Texas at Bay - Texas Legends
- Stars Outshoot Wolves - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stars Stifle Wolves Offense in Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd Players to Participate in First-Ever NBA 2k League Three for All Showdown
- Wisconsin Herd Sweeps Back-To-Back and Downs Capital City 136-122
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale
- Wisconsin Herd Celebrates Local Heroes with Second Annual Boots vs. Badges Game
- Herd's Three-Game Winning Streak Ends in Double Overtime Thriller