WHL Announces Pausing of Team Activities for Brandon and Kelowna
Calgary, Alta. - The Western Hockey League announced today the pausing of team activities for the Brandon Wheat Kings and Kelowna Rockets as a result of multiple players and staff being added to the WHL COVID-19 Protocol List due to exhibiting symptoms or having tested positive for COVID-19.
The WHL is working in consultation with the WHL Chief Medical Officer regarding the matter concerning the Wheat Kings and Rockets. As a result of the pausing of team activities for the Wheat Kings and Rockets, the following three (3) WHL Regular Season games have been postponed:
Friday, January 21
Brandon at Regina
Kelowna at Everett (rescheduled to Sunday, February 6)
Saturday, January 22
Kelowna at Vancouver
Friday's game between Brandon at Regina was originally scheduled to be a part of the CHL on TSN National Broadcast schedule. Further information regarding a return to Regina for the CHL on TSN and/or a replacement game will be announced at a later date.
The WHL also announced today the rescheduling of one (1) WHL Regular Season game:
Sunday, February 27
Winnipeg at Swift Current (originally scheduled for Tuesday, January 18)
The health and safety of all WHL participants is the top priority for the WHL. In order to reduce the risk of exposure to and transmission of COVID-19, the WHL requires all WHL roster players, hockey operations staff, and other team and League office personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2022
- Warriors Blow out Tired Hitmen - Calgary Hitmen
- Rebels Looking to Rebound from Inconsistent Three-Game Stretch - Red Deer Rebels
- WHL Announces Pausing of Team Activities for Brandon and Kelowna - Brandon Wheat Kings
- WHL Announces Rescheduled Date for January 18 Game against Winnipeg - Swift Current Broncos
- WHL Announces Pausing of Team Activities for Brandon and Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
- Friday's Game vs Kelowna Re-Scheduled to February 6 Due to COVID Issues with Rockets - Everett Silvertips
- Pats Game vs. Brandon Postponed - Regina Pats
- Giants Announce Postponement of January 22nd Home Game against Kelowna - Vancouver Giants
- WHL Announces Pausing of Team Activities for Brandon and Kelowna - WHL
- Winterhawks to Host Rose Quarter Community Skate at VMC this Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Hitmen Return to Seven Chiefs Sportsplex for Two Home Games - Calgary Hitmen
- Warriors Ready for Second Half Push After Trade Deadline - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Former Blades Goalie Logan Flodell Signs PTO in the AHL - Saskatoon Blades
- Hot Start Powers Cougars past Victoria - Prince George Cougars
- Luke Shipley and Wyatt Wilson Standout in 5-3 Loss to Cougars - Victoria Royals
- Oil Kings Claw Back Again, Defeat Prince Albert - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Pats Pick up Point in SO Loss to Hitmen - Regina Pats
- Raiders Fall to Oil Kings in Final Game of Road Trip - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Look to Return to Win Column against Hitmen - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.