Westchester Knicks Activate Mike Davis, Waive Anthony Kent
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the New York Knickerbockers, announced today the team has activated forward Mike Davis. He is expected to be in uniform for tonight's game in Oklahoma City.
Westchester acquired Davis (6-9, 225) from the available player pool on Nov. 30, 2016. A four-year starter at Illinois, Davis (6-9, 225) went undrafted in the 2011 NBA Draft after averaging 12.5 points and 7.2 rebounds his senior year. After spending a season with BC Zaporizhya in Ukraine, Davis was selected by the Reno Bighorns as the fifth overall pick of the 2012 NBA D-League Draft, then subsequently traded to the Erie BayHawks and then to the Sioux Falls Skyforce. In 49 games for Sioux Falls, David averaged 7.4 points and 6.2 rebounds over 23.1 minutes per game. He has also played internationally in Puerto Rico and Turkey.
Additionally, the team has waived center Anthony Kent.
Kent (6-10, 225) originally signed with Westchester upon a successful tryout with the team. He appeared in four games, averaging 3.8 points and 1.8 rebounds over 12.0 minutes per game.
The Westchester Knicks will face the Oklahoma City Blue, the Oklahoma City Thunder's affiliate, tonight, Dec. 10 at 8:00 p.m. ET in Oklahoma City. The game will be broadcast live on MSG Network and Facebook Live.
Tickets for the 2016-17 season are on sale now at Ticketmaster outlets and the Westchester County Center Box Office. For information on all ticket plans and promotions, visit WestchesterKnicks.com or call (914) 559-6889. Fans can stay up-to- date on team news by following the team at: @wcknicks on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat and on Facebook at facebook.com/wcknicks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 10, 2016
- D-Fenders Depth Spurs Win over Austin - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Legends Run out of Time in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Red Claws Cut Down Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Reign Continues for Westchester Knicks in Loss - Westchester Knicks
- Stephen Zimmerman Recalled from Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Activate Mike Davis, Waive Anthony Kent - Westchester Knicks
- Pistons Assign Johnson, Ellenson and Gbinige to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Lakers Re-Assign Ivica Zubac to Los Angeles D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Patterson's 35 Points Pushes the Bighorns Past the Energy - Reno Bighorns
- Warriors Rout the Austin Spurs - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Energy Can't Make up Ground, Fall to Bighorns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Westchester Knicks One Win Away From Securing #1 Seed In Eastern Conference
- Westchester Knicks' Run Stalled By Grand Rapids Drive
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes Records Fourth Triple-Double Upon Return to Westchester Knicks in Conquest of Windy City Bulls
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes Returns to Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks Rise over Erie BayHawks to Maintain Position at Top of Eastern Conference Standings