Patterson's 35 Points Pushes the Bighorns Past the Energy
RENO, Nev.-The Reno Bighorns (3-8) defeated to the Iowa Energy (2-9) 115-99 Friday night at the Reno Events Center. Sacramento Kings Affiliate Player Lamar Patterson led the Bighorns with 35 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Kings affiliate player Isiah Cousins poured in 18 points, three rebounds and six steals as Kings assignee Skal Labissiere added 14 points and four rebounds for the Bighorns. Kailin Lucas paced the Energy logging a double-double with 26 points, three rebounds and 10 assists as JaKarr Sampson totaled 16 points seven rebounds and three assists. The Bighorns jumped out to an early 6-2 lead behind a jumper and dunk from Labissiere. After being knotted up at 14, the Bighorns went on a 19-4 run to lead the Energy 33-18 behind triples from Patterson and Renaldo Major with 3:00 remaining in the first frame. The Bighorns would control the remainder of the quarter to enter the second frame with a 37-27 lead. Major sunk a triple in the opening seconds of the second frame to lead the Energy by 14. The Energy would match the Bighorns point for point until the Bighorns would go on an 8-0 run spurred by a three from Major. The Bighorns remained scoreless for a little less than three minutes to let the Energy cut the deficit to 10 points until Patterson hit a three at the 5:18 mark. The Energy's Quinton Chievous drained a three with 5:02 left in play. The Bighorns responded with a three and two free throws from Patterson to lead the Energy by 17 with 3:07 to play in the first half. The Energy went on a 10-2 run to go in the locker room at the half trailing the Bighorns 63-54. Patterson scored 22 points and added five rebounds and two assists in the first half while Major went 3-3 from behind the arc. The Bighorns shot 55% from the field in the first half. The Bighorns maintained their advantage over the Energy and controlled the third quarter, winning the frame 28-20. The Energy would chip away at the Bighorns lead coming within six points. The Bighorns entered the final frame with a 87-79 lead. Richardson opened the final frame with back-to-back triples to take a 17-point advantage over the Energy. The Energy closed the deficit to six after a free throw from JaKarr Sampson at the 8:32 mark. The Bighorns went on a late 8-1 run to finish the game with an emphatic 16-point margin of victory. The Bighorns will travel to Hidalgo, Texas to face the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Sunday, Dec. 11 at 4 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 10, 2016
- D-Fenders Depth Spurs Win over Austin - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Legends Run out of Time in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Red Claws Cut Down Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Reign Continues for Westchester Knicks in Loss - Westchester Knicks
- Stephen Zimmerman Recalled from Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Activate Mike Davis, Waive Anthony Kent - Westchester Knicks
- Pistons Assign Johnson, Ellenson and Gbinige to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Lakers Re-Assign Ivica Zubac to Los Angeles D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Patterson's 35 Points Pushes the Bighorns Past the Energy - Reno Bighorns
- Warriors Rout the Austin Spurs - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Energy Can't Make up Ground, Fall to Bighorns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors