Energy Can't Make up Ground, Fall to Bighorns
Reno Events Center- The Iowa Energy couldn't come back from a 10 point, first quarter deficit Friday evening in Reno, falling to the Bighorns 115-99. Reno led all but the first minute of the game.
Kalin Lucas finished with a season-high 10 assists and 26 points, earning his first double-double of the season.
JaKarr Sampson, Wayne Selden Jr. and Quinton Chievous recorded 16 points each in the loss. Chievous had a team-high 15 points at halftime and finished the night 6 of 9 from the field.
Matt Costello saw limited action due to fall trouble. The forward failed to record a double-double for the first time since Nov. 19 while playing just 19 minutes.
The Energy shot the ball at a 48 percent clip on the evening and made 11 3-pointers.
Lamar Patterson poured in a season-high 35 points for the Bighorns. Five others joined him in double-figures as Reno shot 53 percent from the field, including 12 of 25 from deep.
The Energy return to action Saturday night, finishing their two-game road trip against the Northern Arizona Suns at 8:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 10, 2016
- D-Fenders Depth Spurs Win over Austin - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Legends Run out of Time in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Red Claws Cut Down Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Reign Continues for Westchester Knicks in Loss - Westchester Knicks
- Stephen Zimmerman Recalled from Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Activate Mike Davis, Waive Anthony Kent - Westchester Knicks
- Pistons Assign Johnson, Ellenson and Gbinige to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Lakers Re-Assign Ivica Zubac to Los Angeles D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Patterson's 35 Points Pushes the Bighorns Past the Energy - Reno Bighorns
- Warriors Rout the Austin Spurs - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Energy Can't Make up Ground, Fall to Bighorns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.