Energy Can't Make up Ground, Fall to Bighorns
Reno Events Center- The Iowa Energy couldn't come back from a 10 point, first quarter deficit Friday evening in Reno, falling to the Bighorns 115-99. Reno led all but the first minute of the game.
Kalin Lucas finished with a season-high 10 assists and 26 points, earning his first double-double of the season.
JaKarr Sampson, Wayne Selden Jr. and Quinton Chievous recorded 16 points each in the loss. Chievous had a team-high 15 points at halftime and finished the night 6 of 9 from the field.
Matt Costello saw limited action due to fall trouble. The forward failed to record a double-double for the first time since Nov. 19 while playing just 19 minutes.
The Energy shot the ball at a 48 percent clip on the evening and made 11 3-pointers.
Lamar Patterson poured in a season-high 35 points for the Bighorns. Five others joined him in double-figures as Reno shot 53 percent from the field, including 12 of 25 from deep.
The Energy return to action Saturday night, finishing their two-game road trip against the Northern Arizona Suns at 8:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 10, 2016
- D-Fenders Depth Spurs Win over Austin - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Legends Run out of Time in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Red Claws Cut Down Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Reign Continues for Westchester Knicks in Loss - Westchester Knicks
- Stephen Zimmerman Recalled from Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Activate Mike Davis, Waive Anthony Kent - Westchester Knicks
- Pistons Assign Johnson, Ellenson and Gbinige to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Lakers Re-Assign Ivica Zubac to Los Angeles D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Patterson's 35 Points Pushes the Bighorns Past the Energy - Reno Bighorns
- Warriors Rout the Austin Spurs - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Energy Can't Make up Ground, Fall to Bighorns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves Release 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Iowa Wolves Announce Local Player Tryouts in Des Moines and Minneapolis
- Timberwolves Sign C.J. Williams to Two-Way Contract
- Iowa Wolves Announce Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management
- Timberwolves Sign Jared Terrell to Two-Way Contract