Legends Run out of Time in Fort Wayne
FORT WAYNE, IN, (Dec. 10, 2016) - The Texas Legends (6-5) fell short of a comeback in Fort Wayne, falling to the Mad Ants (8-2) 106-113.
The Mad Ants held the lead wire to wire, going up by as many as 23. Fort Wayne got off to a hot start taking a 17-point lead in the first behind 13 points from Alex Poythress. Jameel Warney rallied for 10 points, 5 boards in the second as the Legends outscored the Mad Ants, but the home team held onto the advantage 62-47 going into the locker room.
Pierre Jackson went 4-for-5 in the third to lead the Legends with 10 points, but the Mad Ants utilized a balanced scoring attack shooting 60% as a team and increasing their edge heading into the final minutes. Texas entered the fourth facing an 18-point deficit, but Jackson drove inside within seconds to chip away at the gap. Midway through the fourth the Mad Ants had gone back up to a 20-point advantage, but CJ Williams sunk two from beyond the arc within a minute and the Legends found themselves on a 10-0 streak. The two teams began trading baskets until the one minute mark. Texas went on an unanswered scoring run but the clock ran out before the deed was done.
Jackson led all scorers with 32 points while adding 3 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals for the Legends. Warney came off the bench to tally 22 points, 8 boards, and 3 blocks, and Quincy Acy grabbed the team's only double-double of 15 points, 15 rebounds.
Poythress led the Mad Ants with 23 points, 10 rebounds. Georges Niang added 22 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists and Jordan Loyd finished with 16 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals.
The Legends will return home to take on the Reno Bighorns Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 7pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com .
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 10, 2016
- D-Fenders Depth Spurs Win over Austin - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Legends Run out of Time in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Red Claws Cut Down Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Reign Continues for Westchester Knicks in Loss - Westchester Knicks
- Stephen Zimmerman Recalled from Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Activate Mike Davis, Waive Anthony Kent - Westchester Knicks
- Pistons Assign Johnson, Ellenson and Gbinige to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Lakers Re-Assign Ivica Zubac to Los Angeles D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Patterson's 35 Points Pushes the Bighorns Past the Energy - Reno Bighorns
- Warriors Rout the Austin Spurs - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Energy Can't Make up Ground, Fall to Bighorns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.