Stephen Zimmerman Recalled from Erie
Orlando, FL -- Orlando Magic center Stephen Zimmerman has been recalled from the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League, General Manager Rob Hennigan announced today.
Zimmerman (7'0", 240, 9/9/96) was assigned to Erie on November 28. He played and started in four games with the BayHawks, averaging 21.8 ppg., 15.5 rpg., 1.75 stlpg. and 1.50 blkpg. in 38.0 minpg., while shooting .515 (34-66) from the field. Zimmerman pulled down a team-record 24 rebounds on December 7 @ Long Island. He has appeared in two games this season with the Magic, averaging 1.0 ppg. and 2.0 rpg. in 5.6 minpg.
Zimmerman was originally selected in the second round (41st overall) of the 2016 NBA Draft by Orlando. Last season (2015-16), he played in 26 games (24 starts) with UNLV as a freshman, averaging 10.5 ppg., a team-high 8.7 rpg. and a team-high 1.96 blkpg. in 26.2 minpg. Zimmerman ranked second in the Mountain West Conference in blocked shots and third in rebounding.
The Orlando Magic and the Erie BayHawks are in the final year of a three-year single affiliation partnership. Orlando became the 16th NBA team to have a one-to-one affiliation with an NBA D-League team. The partnership, also referred to as a "hybrid affiliation," allows an NBA team to control the NBA D-League team's basketball operations, while the existing local ownership maintains primary responsibility for the team's off-the-court business operations and community initiatives.
Orlando returns home tonight (Saturday, December 10) vs. Denver. Tip-off is 7 p.m. Coverage on FOX Sports Florida begins at 8 p.m. For ticket information, log on to OrlandoMagic.com or call 407-89-MAGIC.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 10, 2016
- D-Fenders Depth Spurs Win over Austin - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Legends Run out of Time in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Red Claws Cut Down Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Reign Continues for Westchester Knicks in Loss - Westchester Knicks
- Stephen Zimmerman Recalled from Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Activate Mike Davis, Waive Anthony Kent - Westchester Knicks
- Pistons Assign Johnson, Ellenson and Gbinige to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Lakers Re-Assign Ivica Zubac to Los Angeles D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Patterson's 35 Points Pushes the Bighorns Past the Energy - Reno Bighorns
- Warriors Rout the Austin Spurs - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Energy Can't Make up Ground, Fall to Bighorns - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.