West Virginia Pitching Too Much for Legends in Game Three
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends fell to the West Virginia Power, 4-1 in the third game of the series. Reed Rohlman led the Legends at the plate recording three hits, two for extra bases, but it wasn't enough as they fell short three runs.
The Power plated their first run of the game in the top of the third inning. Mike Salvatore drew a walk then scored on an RBI double to centerfield and West Virginia led, 1-0.
In the top of the sixth inning, Onil Pena drew a walk then moved to third on a single by Joseph Rosa. Jaret Hellinger then proceeded to load the bases when he walked Ryan Ramiz. Two more free passes brought home two runs, extending the Power's lead 3-0.
West Virginia scored their final run in the top of the seventh inning. Jake Anchia reached on a walk then advanced to second on a fielding error by Lexington. Joseph Rosa then clubbed an RBI single to right field and the Power led, 4-0.
Lexington scored their lone run of the game in the bottom of the seventh inning. Freddy Fermin smashed a leadoff double to right field. Reed Rohlman then launched an RBI double to right field, scoring Fermin and recording his third hit of the night. The Legends trailed 4-1 after the seventh inning.
Devin Sweet was awarded the victory for the Power, pitching 7.0 innings allowing one run on six hits while fanning 10 batters. Charlie Neuweiler was given the loss, tossing 5.1 innings allowing two runs on five hits while walking three and striking out two.
The Legends and Power face off for the series finale tomorrow, July 7 at 2:05pm. Gates will open at 12:30pm for Family Playtime on the Outfield. Kids 12 and under get in free and it is also Bark in the Park presented by G & J Pepsi.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
Images from this story
Lexington Legends pitcher Jaret Hellinger
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 6, 2019
- Asheville Uses Late Rally to Beat Rome 4-0 - Rome Braves
- Eight-Run First Powers 'Birds by Suns - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Burt Homers, RiverDogs Roll in Greenville - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Fall to RiverDogs on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- Shorebirds Cloud Suns with Eight-Run First - Hagerstown Suns
- West Virginia Pitching Too Much for Legends in Game Three - Lexington Legends
- Reed Crushes Walk off Homerun in 7-6 Victory - Hickory Crawdads
- Intimidators Win Third-Straight in Slugfest in North Augusta - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Kannapolis Wins Series with 9-5 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- Sweet Strikes out Career-High 10 Batters in 4-1 Win - West Virginia Power
- Hoppers Take Two from Claws on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Schmidt, Harlow and Bosiokovic Combine to Shutout Braves - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 6 at Hickory (Game 83) - Columbia Fireflies
- Game Notes (July 6) - West Virginia Power
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Bill on Baseball: Hoppers Let One Slip Through Fingers - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Newton's Four-Hit Night Flusters Hickory - Columbia Fireflies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.