Weekend Preview - Steelheads Begin Second 3-In-3 of the Season
Mississauga, ON - The Mississauga Steelheads will return to the ice this weekend to take on the Sarnia Sting on Friday night at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. The Fish will travel to Erie on Saturday, before returning to home on Sunday afternoon for a rematch against the Otters.
The Steelheads are coming off games against the Flint Firebirds and Saginaw Spirit, where goaltender Kai Edmonds stopped 69/75 shots on goal (.920 SV%), while Nicholas Canade registered 2 points (1G, 1A) against Flint. Ethan Del Mastro is set to return to the team from the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, where he played for Team Canada Black.
NOVEMBER 15 vs. SAR (7:00 PM)
The Sarnia Sting (10-8-0-0) have been one of the top teams in the OHL of late, winning 9 of their last 10 games. The Sting are lead by overage forward Sean Josling (18G, 18A) and Carolina Hurricanes prospect Jamieson Rees (10G, 16A).
The Steelheads played two games against the Sting during the 2018-19 regular season, winning both matches.
October 14th, 2018 - Mississauga 6 @ Sarnia 2
January 20th, 2019 - Sarnia 2 @ Mississauga 3
Keean Washkurak impressed in the series, registering 3 points (3A). The teams will matchup one more time this season, as they will meet in Sarnia on December 14th.
Friday, November 15th, 2019 - 7:00 PM - Paramount Fine Foods Centre
Saturday, December 14th, 2019 - 4:05 PM - Progressive Auto Sales Arena
The Mississauga Steelheads hold an all-time record of 8-5-0-0 against the Sarnia Sting.
NOVEMBER 16 at ER (7:00 PM), NOVEMBER 17 vs. ER (2:00 PM)
The Erie Otters (9-6-1-3) will play the Windsor Spitfires on Friday night before taking on the Steelheads on Saturday. The Otters are coming off a shootout loss to the Owen Sound Attack, where the team registered 53 shots on goal, and Danial Singer registered 2 points (1G, 1A). Erie is led by NHL Draft Eligible defenceman Jamie Drysdale (5G, 15A) and forward Chad Yetman (13G, 6A).
Mississauga and Erie played on October 19th at the Erie Insurance Arena, where the Steelheads walked away with a 3-2 shootout victory. Richard Whittaker scored the shootout winner, while Thomas Harley registered 2 points (1G, 1A) in the game.
October 19th, 2019 - Mississauga 3 @ Erie 2 (SO)
Saturday, November 16th, 2019 - 7:00 PM - Erie Insurance Arena
Sunday, November 17th, 2019 - 2:00 PM - Paramount Fine Foods Centre
Monday, February 17th, 2019 - 2:00 PM - Paramount Fine Foods Centre
The Steelheads and Otters will play their final matchup of the season at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre in February for the Steelheads Family Day game.
Tickets to the Friday's game against the Sarnia Sting and Sunday's game against the Erie Otters can be purchased by visiting the Box Office, online through ticketmaster.ca or by calling 905-502-9100.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Fronts See Rangers Slip by in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Kingston Frontenacs
- Late Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 OT Loss to Storm - Owen Sound Attack
- Steelheads Offence Brings Sting's Win Streak to an End - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Post 6-1 Victory in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Sting Fall to the Steelheads 6-2 in Scrappy Affair - Sarnia Sting
- Swankler Records Three Points, Otters Fall 7-6 in Overtime - Erie Otters
- Rangers Down the Fronts in a Shootout, 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Late Goal Kills Comeback - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wawanesa Insurance Launches the Wawanesa Toy Drive in Partnership with the Canadian Hockey League - OHL
- Niagara IceDogs Turkey's for Tickets Campaign Collects 175 Turkeys for Community Care - Niagara IceDogs
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending November 10 - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Announces Implementation of Expanded Video Review Measures - OHL
- Sting Partner with North Kent Mutal Insurance in First Annual Sarnia Sting Toy Drive - Sarnia Sting
- Firebirds Battle the Knights in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Weekend Preview - Steelheads Begin Second 3-In-3 of the Season - Mississauga Steelheads
- Petes Score Three Unanswered to Overcome IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.