Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending November 10
(Peterborough, ON) - The Peterborough Petes are excited to be recognizing deserving local minor hockey players with 'Player of the Week' awards.
Each week the Petes will recognize one of their own players, along with players from the PMHC, PHA, PGHA, and local adaptive hockey organizations. Selected recipients will receive tickets to an upcoming Petes game, social media recognition, a certificate of recognition, and other prizes.
Peterborough Petes Player of the Week: Brady Hinz
Hinz scored the game tying and game winning goals in a 5-3 Petes win over the Kingston Frontenacs at the PMC on Tuesday, November 5. He followed up with a three-point performance on Friday, November 8 when the Maroon and White visited the same Frontenacs. His two goals and assist on the game winner earned him the OHL's Third Star of the Night for Friday.
Minor Hockey Player of the Week: Joseph Hulsman (PMHC)
Hulsman is a skilled defenceman who always carries his positive attitude on and off the ice. His smile is contagious on the Atom AAA Petes team, while his teammates and coaches say he's a pleasure to be around.
Minor Hockey Player of the Week: Liam Cook (PHA)
Cook has shown strong leadership skills for his Minor Peewee AE Petes team. His eagerness to learn and work hard hasn't gone unnoticed as the defensive forward continues to excel this season.
Minor Hockey Player of the Week: Payton Prentice (PGHA)
Prentice has been a persistent force for the Atom A Ice Kats. She works hard on the ice and sets an example for her teammates. She shined off the ice when celebrating her tenth birthday with a skating party with her friends, family, and teammates that raised $1,225.75 for the PRHC Mombassadors program which funds lifesaving equipment for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
The Petes welcome coaches, volunteers, parents, and other spectators to nominate deserving local minor hockey athletes by filling out this form.
Single game tickets for all Petes regular season home games are now on sale at the PMC Grant Thornton Box office in person, by phone at (705) 743-3561, or online.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Fronts See Rangers Slip by in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Kingston Frontenacs
- Late Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 OT Loss to Storm - Owen Sound Attack
- Steelheads Offence Brings Sting's Win Streak to an End - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Post 6-1 Victory in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Sting Fall to the Steelheads 6-2 in Scrappy Affair - Sarnia Sting
- Swankler Records Three Points, Otters Fall 7-6 in Overtime - Erie Otters
- Rangers Down the Fronts in a Shootout, 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Late Goal Kills Comeback - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wawanesa Insurance Launches the Wawanesa Toy Drive in Partnership with the Canadian Hockey League - OHL
- Niagara IceDogs Turkey's for Tickets Campaign Collects 175 Turkeys for Community Care - Niagara IceDogs
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending November 10 - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Announces Implementation of Expanded Video Review Measures - OHL
- Sting Partner with North Kent Mutal Insurance in First Annual Sarnia Sting Toy Drive - Sarnia Sting
- Firebirds Battle the Knights in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Weekend Preview - Steelheads Begin Second 3-In-3 of the Season - Mississauga Steelheads
- Petes Score Three Unanswered to Overcome IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- The Petes Want to Send One Minor Hockey Player to Lake Placid for the Toronto Six's Inaugural Season
- Patricia Campbell, Theresa Woodward and Kateri Josaitis Recognized as this Week's Peterborough Petes Local Minor Hockey Volunteer(s)
- Petes Announce Who Wore It Best? Campaign
- Carlo Colaiacovo Headlines Thursday Night Live Presented by Subway
- Sarah Sahanation Named Peterborough Petes Local Minor Hockey Volunteer of the Week