Niagara IceDogs Turkey's for Tickets Campaign Collects 175 Turkeys for Community Care
Niagara, ON - The Niagara IceDogs first Turkey's for Tickets turkey drive has officially come to a successful end. In partnership with the Real Canadian Superstore, and Community Care of St. Catharines and Thorold, the Niagara IceDogs are proud to announce that 175 turkeys have been donated to those in need for the upcoming holiday season
On Thursday, October 10th, the IceDogs set up a table at the front of the Real Canadian Superstore location at Fourth Avenue and Louth Street, promoting the event from 11:00am until 7:00pm. Those who purchase turkeys for donation received four tickets to a future home game, immediately.
The event was a tremendous success, with 175 turkeys generously donated. The original goal for the campaign was to have 50 turkeys donated.
"We are so thrilled about the success of the event" said Bill Burke, owner of the Niagara IceDogs. "To have our community come together in such an impactful way to support some of our most vulnerable members is really inspiring. We are thankful for our longstanding relationships with the Superstore and Community Care to continue working together to build a stronger and supportive Niagara Region. We are so thrilled with the success of the Turkeys for Tickets event, We hope we can have more turkeys donated next year!"
"This initiative is going to help fill a lot of tummies in St. Catharines and Thorold." Said Betty-Lou Souter, CEO of Community Care St. Catharines and Thorold. "Community partnerships like these with the Niagara IceDogs and The Real Canadian Superstore are invaluable to our organization and ensure we are able continue our mission to help those in need in our community."
"Our Superstore family is amazed by the unmatched generosity of the IceDogs organization and the spirit with which the team approaches charitable efforts within their community." said Angela Greer, of the Real Canadian Superstore. "The tremendous success of this program wouldn't be possible without the kindness of our loyal customers - thank you for helping to fill the tables of those in need".
Founded in the 2007-2008 season, the Niagara IceDogs Hockey Club are a member team of the Ontario Hockey League. As 2012 & 2016 OHL Eastern Conference, and 2012 & 2019 Central Division Champions, the Niagara IceDogs are dedicated to excellence on the ice and in the classroom.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Fronts See Rangers Slip by in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Kingston Frontenacs
- Late Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 OT Loss to Storm - Owen Sound Attack
- Steelheads Offence Brings Sting's Win Streak to an End - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Post 6-1 Victory in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Sting Fall to the Steelheads 6-2 in Scrappy Affair - Sarnia Sting
- Swankler Records Three Points, Otters Fall 7-6 in Overtime - Erie Otters
- Rangers Down the Fronts in a Shootout, 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Late Goal Kills Comeback - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wawanesa Insurance Launches the Wawanesa Toy Drive in Partnership with the Canadian Hockey League - OHL
- Niagara IceDogs Turkey's for Tickets Campaign Collects 175 Turkeys for Community Care - Niagara IceDogs
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending November 10 - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Announces Implementation of Expanded Video Review Measures - OHL
- Sting Partner with North Kent Mutal Insurance in First Annual Sarnia Sting Toy Drive - Sarnia Sting
- Firebirds Battle the Knights in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Weekend Preview - Steelheads Begin Second 3-In-3 of the Season - Mississauga Steelheads
- Petes Score Three Unanswered to Overcome IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.