Petes Score Three Unanswered to Overcome IceDogs
(Peterborough, ON) - Zach Gallant scored the overtime winner plus another goal and assist in a 6-5 come-from-behind Petes win over the Niagara IceDogs on Thursday night, moving the Maroon and White into first place in the Ontario Hockey League.
Mason McTavish (11) made his presence known in his first game since returning from the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, scoring 1:33 into the game and again in the third period. Gallant (7,8), as well as Liam Kirk (12) and Declan Chisholm (2), scored in regulation before putting away the game winner 30 seconds into overtime.
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev recorded four assists, marking his third four-point game this season and moving him into first in the league in assists with 27 on the season. Kirk and Chisholm registered two helpers apiece, while Gallant, McTavish, and David Maier added single assists.
Chisholm's three-point night brought his OHL point total to 100, reaching the milestone in 174 career games.
Final shots were 46-24 in favour of Peterborough. Peterborough's power play unit, which is the best on home ice this season at 37.9%, went 3/5 while killing 2/4 penalties.
Before the game, the Petes teamed up with Rebound Skates and Golf to bring 60 new Canadians to the Peterborough Memorial Centre to try hockey. For many, it was their first time on skates and their first time taking in a live hockey game.
The Petes wrap up their week with a visit to Barrie to face the Colts on Saturday, November 16 at 7:30pm. The next home game for the Petes is on Thursday, November 21 when they host the Kingston Frontenacs at 7:05pm.
Tickets for all regular season home games are available through the PMC Grant Thornton Box Office in person and over the phone at (705) 743-3561 Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, and 24 hours a day online.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Fronts See Rangers Slip by in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Kingston Frontenacs
- Late Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 OT Loss to Storm - Owen Sound Attack
- Steelheads Offence Brings Sting's Win Streak to an End - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Post 6-1 Victory in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Sting Fall to the Steelheads 6-2 in Scrappy Affair - Sarnia Sting
- Swankler Records Three Points, Otters Fall 7-6 in Overtime - Erie Otters
- Rangers Down the Fronts in a Shootout, 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Late Goal Kills Comeback - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wawanesa Insurance Launches the Wawanesa Toy Drive in Partnership with the Canadian Hockey League - OHL
- Niagara IceDogs Turkey's for Tickets Campaign Collects 175 Turkeys for Community Care - Niagara IceDogs
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending November 10 - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Announces Implementation of Expanded Video Review Measures - OHL
- Sting Partner with North Kent Mutal Insurance in First Annual Sarnia Sting Toy Drive - Sarnia Sting
- Firebirds Battle the Knights in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Weekend Preview - Steelheads Begin Second 3-In-3 of the Season - Mississauga Steelheads
- Petes Score Three Unanswered to Overcome IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Seven Petes Recognized in Annual OHL Coaches Poll
- Hunter Jones Signs Entry-Level Contract with Minnesota Wild
- Canadian Hockey League Cancels 2020 Playoffs and Memorial Cup
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Conclusion of 2019-20 Regular Season
- Updates from the Peterborough Petes During Pause in OHL Season