Wawanesa Insurance Launches the Wawanesa Toy Drive in Partnership with the Canadian Hockey League
November 15, 2019 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) News Release
Whether unwrapping a teddy bear, a fire truck or a stethoscope, there's nothing like making kids smile during the holidays. This year, the Canadian Hockey League is proud to join Wawanesa Insurance, their independent insurance brokers, and local charities to host holiday toy drives in 36 communities across Canada.
CHL fans can get the warm and fuzzies by donating a new and unwrapped toy at any of the 36 Wawanesa Toy Drive games taking place across the country from November 16 to December 15 and at participating broker locations in each community. As a special thank you for donations, all toy donors will be entered into a Grand Prize draw for a trip for two to Kelowna for the 2020 Memorial Cup Presented by Kia.
"The Canadian Hockey League and our member teams are proud to support our communities and the Wawanesa Toy Drive campaign is another wonderful opportunity to help make a positive difference for families across Canada," said CHL President Dan MacKenzie. "We're excited to join our partners at Wawanesa Insurance and our passionate fans to help deliver thousands of toys and smiles to kids this holiday season."
If someone is unable to bring a toy to the game, Wawanesa has partnered with their local insurance broker partners to provide fans with convenient toy drive drop-off locations. View all broker locations and learn more about the Wawanesa Toy Drive (including full contest rules) by visiting wawanesa.com/toydrive.
"Happy kids, neighbours helping neighbours, and some of the best hockey in the world - it's a winning combination to help more Canadian families enjoy this holiday season," said Selena Hinds, Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs for Wawanesa Insurance. "We are thrilled to partner with the Canadian Hockey League, independent insurance brokers and local charities across Canada on this country-wide holiday toy drive. For us at Wawanesa Insurance, supporting the communities where we work and live is the essence of who we are."
Wawanesa Insurance is the Official Auto and Home Insurer and proud partner of the CHL, WHL, OHL, and QMJHL.
2019 Wawanesa Toy Drive Schedule:
Swift Current Broncos
Edmonton Oil Kings
Moose Jaw Warriors
Brandon Wheat Kings
Red Deer Rebels
Saint John Sea Dogs
Prince George Cougars
Cape Breton Eagles
Owen Sound Attack
Prince Albert Raiders
Medicine Hat Tigers
North Bay Battalion
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Fronts See Rangers Slip by in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Kingston Frontenacs
- Late Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 OT Loss to Storm - Owen Sound Attack
- Steelheads Offence Brings Sting's Win Streak to an End - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Post 6-1 Victory in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Sting Fall to the Steelheads 6-2 in Scrappy Affair - Sarnia Sting
- Swankler Records Three Points, Otters Fall 7-6 in Overtime - Erie Otters
- Rangers Down the Fronts in a Shootout, 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Late Goal Kills Comeback - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wawanesa Insurance Launches the Wawanesa Toy Drive in Partnership with the Canadian Hockey League - OHL
- Niagara IceDogs Turkey's for Tickets Campaign Collects 175 Turkeys for Community Care - Niagara IceDogs
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending November 10 - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Announces Implementation of Expanded Video Review Measures - OHL
- Sting Partner with North Kent Mutal Insurance in First Annual Sarnia Sting Toy Drive - Sarnia Sting
- Firebirds Battle the Knights in London Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Weekend Preview - Steelheads Begin Second 3-In-3 of the Season - Mississauga Steelheads
- Petes Score Three Unanswered to Overcome IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.