Weber Reassigned to Falcons
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Falcons announced on Tuesday that defenseman Will Weber has been reassigned to the club by its NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, from its ECHL developmental team, the Evansville IceMen.
Weber, a rookie who joined the IceMen from the Falcons on Oct. 26, has skated in eight games with Evansville this season, collecting 14 penalty minutes. He played in two games with the Falcons at the end of 2011-2012 following the completion of his four-year career at Miami University (NCAA, D-I). The Gaylord, Mich. product served as the RedHawks' captain during his senior season and totaled 30 points (5g-25a) in 154 collegiate games. Weber, 23, has yet to suit up in a game with Springfield this season. He was taken by Columbus in the second round (53rd overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
The Falcons, who lead the Eastern Conference with 18 points and have the AHL's best record of 8-1-0-2, take to the road for four games beginning this Wednesday at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton against the Penguins before traveling to Norfolk to battle the Admirals on Friday and Saturday. Springfield concludes its away stretch in Portland on Friday, Nov. 23 when it meets the Pirates.
The Falcons return home for "Movember Night presented by Baystate Health" on Saturday, Nov. 24 against the Manchester Monarchs at 7:00 p.m. The first 1,000 fans into the building that night will receive mustaches as part of an effort to generate awareness of prostate cancer and other male illnesses.
Single-game tickets to see the Falcons in 2012-2013 can be purchased at the MassMutual Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. through game time on Saturday home dates, and starting four hours prior to Sunday home contests. Fans can also purchase tickets by logging onto Ticketmaster.com. For information about discounted group packages to Falcons home games, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 13, 2012
- Barons Loan Dan Ringwald to Stockton Thunder - Oklahoma City Barons
- Final Details for Los IceHogs Night on Friday Announced - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Weekly - Off to Manchester, Binghamton and Syracuse - Adirondack Phantoms
- Milwaukee Admirals Weekly Update - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Host 4th Annual Teddy Bear Toss Saturday - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Checkers' Weekly Report - Charlotte Checkers
- Marlies Drop Barons 6-5 in Overtime - Toronto Marlies
- Still Time to "Get Fed by the Wolves" on Sunday - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Rampage Fall to Hourston, 7-5, During Cool School Education Day - San Antonio Rampage
- Houston Aeros Soar Past Rampage with 7-5 Win - Houston Aeros
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Checkers Assign Rask to Calgary - Charlotte Checkers
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Set for First Busy Stretch of the Season with Three Games in Four Days - Rochester Americans
- The Rock Report: IceCaps Head Home on a Winning Note - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch announce details of 'Syracuse Crunch Special Santas' for Hillside Family of Agencies - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Host 2nd Annual H-E-B Food Drive Night - Texas Stars
- Bears Recall Forward Alex Berry - Hershey Bears
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Weber Reassigned to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.