Washington State Legends of Soccer and Sounders FC Present A Night with Alan Hinton & Friends
SEATTLE, WASH. - Washington State Legends of Soccer and title partner Seattle Sounders FC are hosting A Night with Alan Hinton & Friends on Tuesday, March 19 at the Kirkland Performance Center. With a number of local soccer legends in attendance - including Sounders FC Head Coach Brian Schmetzer - the fundraising event benefits Washington State Legends of Soccer's projects, which include historical preservation and restoration of Washington's soccer history, in addition to the development of college scholarship programs for local underserved youth.
Tickets for A Night with Alan Hinton & Friends can be found via the following link: https://sndrs.com/rfv93.
Alongside presenting partners Washington Youth Soccer, the Tacoma Stars, Ruffneck Scarves, Crossfire Premier, Carmine's Bellevue and North Coast Brewing, the night is set to celebrate the region's rich soccer history. With KING 5 anchor Mark Wright serving as Master of Ceremonies, the event gathers many of Hinton's friends and the state's soccer legends under one roof to honor one of most storied sporting communities in the country.
Hinton - one of the most notable contributors to the growth of soccer in the region - is a former longtime player and head coach of the NASL and A-League Seattle Sounders and Tacoma Stars. He came to the Pacific Northwest following a 14-year veteran career in the English First Division with Wolverhampton Wanderers, Nottingham Forest and most notably Derby County, where he won two topflight titles in 1971-1972 and 1974-1975. He was also a member of the English National Team.
WHAT: A Night with Alan Hinton & Friends
WHO: Sounders FC Ambassador Alan Hinton
Sounders FC Head Coach Brian Schmetzer
KING 5 News Anchor Mark Wright
WHEN: Tuesday, March 19 at 6:00 p.m. PT
WHERE: Kirkland Performance Center (350 Kirkland Avenue, Kirkland, WA 98033)
HOW: Tickets available at https://sndrs.com/rfv93
ABOUT WASHINGTON STATE LEGENDS OF SOCCER
Washington State Legends of Soccer was founded in 2014 with the goal of preserving and celebrating our state's rich soccer history while inspiring and providing opportunities to future generations. Washington State Legends of Soccer is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. For more information, visit WaSoccerLegends.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 22, 2019
- Impact Games Broadcast on 98.5 and TSN 690 Until the End of 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Impact Faces D.C. United Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 MLS Broadcast Talent - Orlando City SC
- Washington State Legends of Soccer and Sounders FC Present A Night with Alan Hinton & Friends - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Acquire International Roster Slot from the Portland Timbers - D.C. United
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in Allocation Money from D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Sign Mauro Manotas to New Long-Term Contract - Houston Dynamo
- Premier Lacrosse League Announces Two Events at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Returns to Texas 21 in 2019 - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs Goalkeeper Brian Rowe - Orlando City SC
- MNUFC to Host Hertha Berlin in International Friendly - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Drops SCCL Opener to C.S. Herediano 3-1 - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Sinks Toluca 3-0 in Champions League Opener - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Rave Green Support on Display Throughout Seattle Ahead of Sounders FC's Playoff Match this Saturday
- Four Sounders FC Players Among List of Best-Selling 2019 Adidas MLS Jerseys
- Sounders FC Playoff Spirit Comes to Woodland Park Zoo Tomorrow, October 16
- Morris Named as One of Three Finalists for 2019 MLS Comeback Player of the Year
- Leyva and Ocampo-Chavez Called into U.S. U-17 Men's National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil