Orlando City SC Signs Goalkeeper Brian Rowe
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC signs veteran goalkeeper Brian Rowe prior to the 2019 Major League Soccer (MLS) season.
"Brian is a guy that brings a tremendous amount of experience to our team, and we are thrilled to welcome him officially to the Club." said Orlando City SC EVP of Soccer Operations Luiz Muzzi.
The 30-year-old goalkeeper will enter his eighth season in MLS in 2019, after beginning his career in Los Angeles with the Galaxy in 2012. Rowe had a breakout campaign in 2016 with the Galaxy where he recorded 31 appearances, tallying nine shutouts and earning a 1.07 goals-against average en route to the playoffs.
During that 2016 season, Rowe allowed the fewest goals (33) in MLS by any goalkeeper that appeared in a minimum of 30 matches. Rowe finished third in MLS with 113 saves and third in shutouts with nine.
The former UCLA Bruin continued his performance into the playoffs where he led the Galaxy to a 3-1 victory over Real Salt Lake in the Knockout Round.
In the first leg of the Conference Semifinals, Rowe recorded a clean sheet against Colorado Rapids and allowed just one goal during regulation in the second leg.
After the 2017 season, Rowe was traded to Vancouver Whitecaps where he appeared in 10 matches. In total, Rowe has appeared in 69 MLS regular-season matches, recording 16 shutouts.
TRANSACTION: Orlando City SC signs goalkeeper Brian Rowe.
Name: Brian Rowe
Born: November 16, 1988 in Chicago, Illinois
Hometown: Eugene, Oregon
Citizenship: United States
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 22, 2019
- Impact Games Broadcast on 98.5 and TSN 690 Until the End of 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Impact Faces D.C. United Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 MLS Broadcast Talent - Orlando City SC
- Washington State Legends of Soccer and Sounders FC Present A Night with Alan Hinton & Friends - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Acquire International Roster Slot from the Portland Timbers - D.C. United
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in Allocation Money from D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Sign Mauro Manotas to New Long-Term Contract - Houston Dynamo
- Premier Lacrosse League Announces Two Events at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Returns to Texas 21 in 2019 - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs Goalkeeper Brian Rowe - Orlando City SC
- MNUFC to Host Hertha Berlin in International Friendly - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Drops SCCL Opener to C.S. Herediano 3-1 - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Sinks Toluca 3-0 in Champions League Opener - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- City Furniture and Orlando City Soccer Club Launch "Delivering Hope" Program, Donating Beds to 100 Kids at October 4 Pajama Party
- Orlando City SC to Expand Presence in Osceola County
- Orlando City SC Parts Ways with James O'Connor
- Orlando City Fall to Chicago Fire in Season Finale
- Storylines | City vs. Chicago Fire