Premier Lacrosse League Announces Two Events at Red Bull Arena
NEW YORK, NY. - The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) announced today that it will host five games over two weekends at Red Bull Arena, on Saturday, June 8, Sunday, June 9 and again on September 14th for the PLL playoffs. New York will be the second stop after New England on the 14-week tour for the inaugural season that kicks off on June 1st.
"We're thrilled to bring the Premier Lacrosse League to Red Bull Arena this summer for a regular season and playoff weekend," explained Paul Rabil, PLL Co-Founder & Chief Strategy Officer. "Sports in New York and New Jersey have a long and distinguished history, with passionate fans, and powerful lacrosse history. Red Bull Arena is a state-of-the-art venue that will unlock the player and fan experience to be at its best."
The PLL is a tour-based model featuring six teams and the 160 best players in the world. In addition to being full-time employees and receiving health benefits, players will get equity stakes in the league - a first in professional sports. The league has signed an exclusive media-rights agreement with NBC, and the network added this week a third game on NBC flagship in addition to the 16 games on NBC Sports -- totally 19 games on television over the league's 14-weekend schedule. All other games will be accessible live through NBCSports.com and the NBC Gold app.
"Red Bull Arena is extremely proud to play host to the Premier Lacrosse League this summer," said Marc de Grandpre, General Manager, New York Red Bulls. "As our venue continues to diversify in its sports and entertainment offerings, we believe our fans will thoroughly enjoy the excitement of professional lacrosse."
Red Bull Arena is considered the benchmark for soccer-specific stadiums in North America. The venue, now in its 10th season, is home to the New York Red Bulls, the reigning MLS Supporters' Shield Winners. The venue offers fans a world-class sports experience, with stands sitting just yards from the touchlines, bringing fans close to the action on the field. The partial roof extends to the touchlines, protecting fans from weather and keeping in noise to add to the atmosphere. Red Bull Arena is conveniently located near public transportation (PATH train, NJ transit) and several major highways.
For more information about the PLL and the games visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com/newyork
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 22, 2019
- Impact Games Broadcast on 98.5 and TSN 690 Until the End of 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Impact Faces D.C. United Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 MLS Broadcast Talent - Orlando City SC
- Washington State Legends of Soccer and Sounders FC Present A Night with Alan Hinton & Friends - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Acquire International Roster Slot from the Portland Timbers - D.C. United
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in Allocation Money from D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo Sign Mauro Manotas to New Long-Term Contract - Houston Dynamo
- Premier Lacrosse League Announces Two Events at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Returns to Texas 21 in 2019 - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs Goalkeeper Brian Rowe - Orlando City SC
- MNUFC to Host Hertha Berlin in International Friendly - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Drops SCCL Opener to C.S. Herediano 3-1 - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting Sinks Toluca 3-0 in Champions League Opener - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Trade Midfielder Alex Muyl to Nashville SC
- Red Bulls Add Samuel Tetteh on Loan from Red Bull Salzburg
- Major League Soccer Announces Continuation of Play in MLS Home Markets
- New York Red Bulls Complete Transfer of Dru Yearwood
- FC Cincinnati Defeat New York, 2-0 and Knock Red Bulls out of Tournament