Warriors Waive Daniel Orton
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors have waived center Daniel Orton the team announced today.
Daniel Orton, a 6'10" 265-lb center from the University of Kentucky, appeared in 20 games for Santa Cruz averaging 13.2 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 2.65 blocks in 23.7 minutes per game. Santa Cruz acquired Orton's returning player rights from the Idaho Stampede in exchange for the rights of center Justin Manns, the Warriors' 37th overall pick in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft in October 2015.
Santa Cruz will play the Idaho Stampede at home on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. The first 1,500 fans in attendance will receive a Championship Canvas courtesy of Hotel Paradox. Warriors tickets can be purchased at Santa Cruz Warriors headquarters at 903 Pacific Avenue, online at www.santacruzbasketball.com or over the phone at (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 18, 2016
- Ronald Roberts Jr. leads Raptors 905 with 19 points, 18 rebounds in win - Raptors 905
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Raptors 905 - Iowa Wolves
- Devin Ebanks Scores 43 Points to Set Grand Rapids Record in Win over Maine - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Lose Fourth Straight - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Fall to Charge, 91-104 - Erie BayHawks
- Canton Tops Erie for Seventh Straight Win - Canton Charge
- Orlando Signs Appling to 10-Day Contract; Recalls Marble - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Devondrick Walker - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Waive Daniel Orton - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Westchester's Gani Lawal Suspended - G League
- Cook Named D-League Performer of the Week - Canton Charge
- Canton's Quinn Cook Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week - G League
- Bighorns Finish off Blue with a Strong Second Half - Reno Bighorns
- OKC Blue Edged by Bighorns - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Continue Winning Streak with 115-112 Win over Northern Arizona Suns
- Warriors Complete First 4-0 Start in Team History, Beat Wolves 109-103 Tonight
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Rally Results in 103-97 Win over Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors