Warner Ks 10, Cardinals Beat Travs 3-1 for 3rd Straight Series Win
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - Another effective night by a Springfield Cardinals starting pitcher ended in a win as LHP Austin Warner led Springfield (17-21) in a 3-1 final over the Arkansas Travelers (22-14) on Tuesday at Hammons Field.
The win was the eighth in the last nine games for the Cardinals and secured the team's third straight series win.
W: LHP Austin Warner (2-2)
L: RHP Nabil Crismatt (3-3)
S: RHP Junior Fernandez (1)
MOMENTS THAT MATTERED:
- Cardinals LF Justin Williams crushed his first home run of 2019 over the indoor training facility in right field in the bottom of the fifth. The two-run shot put Springfield up 3-0 and ended up being the difference in the game when the Travelers put up their one run in the sixth.
- After C Jose Godoy ripped his fifth double of the season in the second inning, 1B Chris Chinea singled him home to put Springfield up 1-0.
- Warner struck out 10 batters over 7.0 impressive innings, allowing just seven hits and a walk. The only Arkansas run came off a solo homer in the sixth. Warner's 10 strikeouts marked his first double-digit strikeout effort in Double-A, and it's the first time a Springfield Cardinals pitcher finished a game with 10 strikeouts since RHP Anthony Shew on Aug. 1, 2018 vs. Tulsa.
- Including Kruczynski's effort on Monday, Cardinals starting pitching has struck out 19 Arkansas Travelers through the first two games of this series.
- Cardinals CF Dylan Carlson (2-for-4) and 3B Evan Mendoza (2-for-3) both finished with multi-hit games.
- Cardinals RHP Junior Fernandez struck out four over 2.0 innings, earning his first Double-A save.
WHAT'S ON DECK:
The Cardinals close out this three-game series with the Travelers on Wednesday morning at 11:10 a.m. with gates set to open at 10:10 a.m.
St. Louis Cardinals RHP Carlos Martinez is expected to make a rehab appearance during Wednesday's game vs. the Travelers.
Check out all the upcoming fun and get your tickets today at www.SpringfieldCardinals.com.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Hooks Toss One-Hitter to Take Frisco Series - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Riders Sunken by Hooks in Series Finale - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cardinals Fall into Early Hole, Lose 8-2 to Travelers - Springfield Cardinals
- Dunn's Pitching and Knapp's Grand Slam Carry Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Tulsa Drops Fourth Straight with 6-5 Loss - Tulsa Drillers
- Featherston Homers Twice as Naturals Sweep Drillers - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RockHounds Fall to Sod Poodles - Midland RockHounds
- HODGETOWN to Host Pampa-Canyon 4A Regional Quarterfinal Playoff Games - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Hooks Hang on for 4-2 Win vs. Division Leaders - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Profar, Riders Down Hooks in Extras - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Drillers Defeated in Wild 22-Run Game - Tulsa Drillers
- Naturals Claim Series with Slugfest Win - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Warner Ks 10, Cardinals Beat Travs 3-1 for 3rd Straight Series Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Sod Poodles Welcome over 100,000 Fans to HODGETOWN, Even Series with 9-4 Victory over Midland - Amarillo Sod Poodles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Cardinals Stories
- Elf on the Shelf Ornaments Have Arrived
- Time Running out to See Ozzie Smith at Dinner on the Diamond
- Hammons Field Wins Texas League Field of the Year for 9th-Straight Season
- Cardinals Fall 11-6 to RockHounds in Season Finale
- Cardinals Downed by RockHounds, Season Closes on Monday Afternoon