Profar, Riders Down Hooks in Extras
CORPUS CHRISTI - Juremi Profar's RBI single in the 10th inning secured a 5-4 win for the Frisco RoughRiders over the Hooks Tuesday at Whataburger Field.
In a 3-3 game entering extras, Christian Lopes drove a two-out single to center off Brandon Feldmann (L, 1-3) that scored automatic runner Michael De Leon from second. Lopes took second on an errant throw home, and came in to score on Profar's single that made it 5-3 Frisco.
The Hooks got a run back on a wild pitch and throwing error by catcher Tony Sanchez that allowed Duarte to score and draw it within a run. With two outs, Abraham Toro walked and Joshua Rojas singled, but Blake Bass got Granden Goetzman to fly out to end the game.
Corpus Christi got on the board first in the third inning when Osvaldo Duarte hit a one-out triple and scored on a wild pitch by Tyler Phillips, making his Double-A debut.
In a 1-1 game in the fourth, Granden Goetzman drilled a solo home run (8) to left, matching his career high for long balls in a season. Duarte and Stephen Wrenn back-to-back doubles made it 3-1 in the fifth.
Brandon Bielak made the start for Corpus and pitched 5.0 one-run innings with five hits and a walk allowed.
J.B. Bukauskas came on in relief and almost immediately gave up the tying run on a two-run shot to Profar (2) in the sixth. Bukuaskas struck out six over 4.0 frames.
Profar finished 3-for-5 with three RBIs for the Riders.
Duarte and Wrenn had nearly identical stat lines, both going 3-for-4 with a double and triple apiece. Duarte scored three of the Hooks' runs.
Righty Bryan Abreu (0-0, 8.00) starts for the Hooks in the rubber match Wednesday against righty Emerson Martinez (2-1, 5.35) for Frisco with first pitch at 6:15 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Hooks Toss One-Hitter to Take Frisco Series - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Riders Sunken by Hooks in Series Finale - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cardinals Fall into Early Hole, Lose 8-2 to Travelers - Springfield Cardinals
- Dunn's Pitching and Knapp's Grand Slam Carry Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Tulsa Drops Fourth Straight with 6-5 Loss - Tulsa Drillers
- Featherston Homers Twice as Naturals Sweep Drillers - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RockHounds Fall to Sod Poodles - Midland RockHounds
- HODGETOWN to Host Pampa-Canyon 4A Regional Quarterfinal Playoff Games - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Hooks Hang on for 4-2 Win vs. Division Leaders - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Profar, Riders Down Hooks in Extras - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Drillers Defeated in Wild 22-Run Game - Tulsa Drillers
- Naturals Claim Series with Slugfest Win - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Warner Ks 10, Cardinals Beat Travs 3-1 for 3rd Straight Series Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Sod Poodles Welcome over 100,000 Fans to HODGETOWN, Even Series with 9-4 Victory over Midland - Amarillo Sod Poodles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.