Drillers Defeated in Wild 22-Run Game
Springdale, AR- The Tulsa Drillers looked to even up the series against the Northwest Arkansas Naturals on Tuesday night. But Tulsa pitching gave up five home runs and fourteen hits, and despite scoring ten runs, the offense was unable to keep up in a 12-10 loss. The game featured 22 runs, 6 homers, and 31 hits.
WHAT YOU MISSED
Tulsa got the scoring started by scoring three in the top of the first inning. Christian Santana, Keibert Ruiz and Cody Thomas each had an RBI single in the inning.
After back-to-back homers and a pair of runs scoring singles, Northwest Arkansas took a 4-3 lead in the third.
Tulsa took a 5-4 lead an inning later when Gavin Lux tripled, knocking in two.
In the bottom of the fourth, the Naturals tied the game when Travis Jones grounded out, scoring Anderson Miller.
Ruiz knocked in Zach Reks with a single, giving the Drillers a 6-5 lead in the top of the fifth. But, three homers led to four more runs for Northwest Arkansas in the bottom half of the inning.
In the seventh, Reks brought the Drillers to with two runs of the Naturals with a solo homer. DJ Peters then tied the game at 9-9 with a two-run double.
The Naturals took the lead for good in the seventh when Emmanuel Rivera hit a sacrifice fly, scoring Khalil Lee.
They plated two more in the eighth after a throwing error by Santana and a passed ball by Ruiz, bringing the lead to 12-9.
Thomas hit an RBI double in the ninth, but it was too little, too late in a 12-10 loss for Tulsa.
Drillers pitchers gave up 5 home runs and 14 hits on the night.
Reks hit his ninth home run to take the Texas League lead.
UP NEXT: Tulsa at Northwest Arkansas, Monday, May 15 at 11:05 AM at Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, AR. RHP Dustin May (2-2, 3.41 ERA) vs. RHP Arnaldo Hernandez (1-0, 0.00 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Hooks Toss One-Hitter to Take Frisco Series - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Riders Sunken by Hooks in Series Finale - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cardinals Fall into Early Hole, Lose 8-2 to Travelers - Springfield Cardinals
- Dunn's Pitching and Knapp's Grand Slam Carry Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Tulsa Drops Fourth Straight with 6-5 Loss - Tulsa Drillers
- Featherston Homers Twice as Naturals Sweep Drillers - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RockHounds Fall to Sod Poodles - Midland RockHounds
- HODGETOWN to Host Pampa-Canyon 4A Regional Quarterfinal Playoff Games - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Hooks Hang on for 4-2 Win vs. Division Leaders - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Profar, Riders Down Hooks in Extras - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Drillers Defeated in Wild 22-Run Game - Tulsa Drillers
- Naturals Claim Series with Slugfest Win - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Warner Ks 10, Cardinals Beat Travs 3-1 for 3rd Straight Series Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Sod Poodles Welcome over 100,000 Fans to HODGETOWN, Even Series with 9-4 Victory over Midland - Amarillo Sod Poodles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.