Walker Goes Deep as Lookouts Top Biscuits
A three-run home run by Ryan Walker has helped Chattanooga to a 7-6 victory against Montgomery at AT&T Field on Thursday night. The Lookouts have now won 25 games at home, second-most in the Southern League.
Chattanooga got the scoring underway with a four-run first inning as Zander Wiel drew a bases loaded walk. That was followed by a sacrifice fly off the bat of Jaylin Davis and an RBI single from Brian Navarreto as Chattanooga looked to put the game to bed early. In all, five players reached base thanks to a pair of walks, two singles and a hit by pitch.
With Chattanooga up 4-1 in the third, Walker stepped to the plate with two men on and two outs and crushed a ball to right field. It was Walker's fourth home run of the season and second in July after he also went deep against Birmingham on July 4th. Meanwhile Brent Rooker's first inning walk extended his home on-base streak to 40 games, the longest in Minor League Baseball history since streaks were first recorded in 2009.
Southpaw Anthony Marzi will return to the mound on Friday night for the first time since striking out 11 in his last start. First pitch for Fireworks Friday is set for 7:15 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Gutierrez, Wahoos Take Series Opener, 6-1 - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Generals Stun Mobile with Late Five-Run Rally - Jackson Generals
- Walker Goes Deep as Lookouts Top Biscuits - Chattanooga Lookouts
- BayBears Stunned by Generals in Series Opener - Mobile BayBears
- Mississippi Falls to Pensacola 6-1 in Series Opener - Mississippi Braves
- Barons Top Smokies, 8-5 - Birmingham Barons
- Biscuits Come up Short in Chattanooga, 7-6 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Dunand's Walk-Off Walk Lifts Shrimp over Shuckers, 4-3 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Shuckers Walked off in Jacksonville - Biloxi Shuckers
- Smokies Drop Series Opener to Barons - Tennessee Smokies
- Rengifo and Walsh Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake - Mobile BayBears
- Giardina, Johnstone Join M-Braves, Pike to Florida - Mississippi Braves
- It's a Hat Trick: Ray Goes Yard Three Times in Win - Biloxi Shuckers
- M-Braves Clinch Second-Straight Series After a 9-2 Win over Barons on Wednesday - Mississippi Braves
- Barons Fall, 9-2 in Series Finale - Birmingham Barons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chattanooga Lookouts Stories
- Lookouts Release 2019 Schedule
- Chattanooga Lookouts and the Cincinnati Reds Announce Two-Year Player Development Agreement
- Lookouts Reunite with Reds
- Lookouts VP Andrew Zito Named Southern League's Most Outstanding Employee
- Lookouts Vice President Andrew Zito Named Southern League's Outstanding Employee of the Year