Volcanoes Avoid Late Scare in 5-3 Win over Vancouver
- In the top of the fourth inning, Beicker Mendoza hits a single to right field that will score Harrison Freed and it gives the Volcanoes an early 1-0 lead.
- In the top of the fifth, Tyler Wyatt gets a base hit into right field that will get away from the right fielder and will go to the warning track and will score Chris Corbett from first base and will increase the lead to 2-0.
- The next batter, Alex Canario, will hit a single into right field that will score Wyatt and make it 3-0 Volcanoes.
- Two batters later, Armani Smith will hit a triple off the wall in right center field and will score Canario and Carter Aldrete and makes the score 5-0 Salem-Keizer.
- Norwith Gudino gets his first win after throwing five scoreless innings in his first start of the season.
The Volcanoes will look to win the series at The Nat as Conner Nurse, off his first win, will tae the mound against Nick Fraze
The Volcanoes are going to the playoffs and tickets are available at Playoff Tickets
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 25, 2019
- C's Six-Run Outburst Sinks Volcanoes on Sunday at the Nat - Vancouver Canadians
- Volcanoes Avoid Late Scare in 5-3 Win over Vancouver - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Ems Rally Again in 9th, Prevail over Sox - Eugene Emeralds
- Emeralds Even Series, 11-6 - Everett AquaSox
- Vancouver Rally in 9th Not Enough Falling 5-3 to Volcanoes - Vancouver Canadians
- Hops Win Streak Snapped at 6, Fall to Spokane 9-6 - Hillsboro Hops
- Tri-City Falls to Boise - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salem-Keizer Volcanoes Stories
- 5,000+ Sign Fan Petition for Volcanoes to Stay
- Volcanoes' Cancer Awareness Tradition to Continue
- Northwest League Postpones Start of 2020 Season
- Volcanoes Stadium to Host Drive-In Fireworks
- Volcanoes to Donate $5,000 in Tickets to Raise Funds for Local Food Banks