Emeralds Even Series, 11-6
EVERETT, Wash. - The Eugene Emeralds had an explosive ninth inning, scoring six runs to defeat the Everett AquaSox, 11-6.
HOW IT HAPPENED
The AquaSox took an early lead when Cesar Izturis Jr. doubled, driving in Utah Jones. After a wild pitch, Izturis Jr. scored, giving the Frogs a 2-0 lead heading into the second inning. Cade Marlowe tacked on two more runs in the second with an RBI double to center field, extending the lead again.
Grayson Byrd drove in Eugene's first run in the fourth inning, followed by an RBI double from Alexander Guerra to drive in another run for the Emeralds. Before the end of the inning, a groundout and RBI single tied the game, 4-4.
Trent Tingelstad crushed a solo shot to right-center field in the top of the fifth, taking back the lead for the AquaSox, 5-4. The Frogs held their one-run lead until the top of the eighth when Jake Washer evened the score with an RBI single.
Eugene scored six runs in the top of the ninth, including a three-run home run from Byrd, putting the score at 11-5. Robert Perez hit a solo home run in the bottom of the ninth, but the AquaSox fell, 11-6.
WRAPPING IT UP
At the plate, the 'Sox registered 11 hits with three doubles and two home runs. On the mound, Brandon Williamson started, pitching two complete innings with five strikeouts and no runs allowed. Luis Curvelo pitched the next three innings, giving up seven hits and four earned runs. Garrett Westberg, Jarod Bayless, Travis Kuhn and Brock Minich all contributed in the final four innings.
Up next, the AquaSox return to Funko Field on Sunday, August 25 to take on the Eugene Emeralds for the third game of the four-game series. Sunday is Faith and Family Night, presented by Calvary Arlington, as well as the rescheduled Team Poster Giveaway, presented by Chevron ExtraMile. For tickets, visit AquaSox.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 25, 2019
- C's Six-Run Outburst Sinks Volcanoes on Sunday at the Nat - Vancouver Canadians
- Volcanoes Avoid Late Scare in 5-3 Win over Vancouver - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Ems Rally Again in 9th, Prevail over Sox - Eugene Emeralds
- Emeralds Even Series, 11-6 - Everett AquaSox
- Vancouver Rally in 9th Not Enough Falling 5-3 to Volcanoes - Vancouver Canadians
- Hops Win Streak Snapped at 6, Fall to Spokane 9-6 - Hillsboro Hops
- Tri-City Falls to Boise - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett AquaSox Stories
- Everett AquaSox Named 2020 NWL Undefeated Champions
- Everett AquaSox 2020 Season Officially Canceled
- Northwest League Delays 2020 Season
- Time Is Almost up Sign up for the Funko Field At-Home 5K TODAY
- Everett AquaSox Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign