Tri-City Falls to Boise
The Tri-City Dust Devils (16-14, 32-36) suffered the 8-2 loss to the Boise Hawks (10-20, 25-43) on Saturday night at Gesa Stadium. Tri-City's pitching staff allowed nine hits and surrendered nine walks in the loss.
Boise took a lead that they would not relinquish after scoring three runs in the top of the third inning.
Starlin Cordero impressed out of the bullpen to help keep the game within striking distance. Cordero tossed 2.1 scoreless innings in relief with three strikeouts. Despite falling on Saturday night the Dust Devils did not lose ground in the race for the final playoff spot in the North Division. Everett lost to keep the Tri-City two games up on the AquaSox with only eight regular season games remaining.
Right-hander Conner Lehmann will toe the rubber for the Dust Devils on Sunday night. The Hawks will counter with left-hander Breiling Eusebio. It will be Dollar in Your Dog Night presented by Yoke's Fresh Market. Great seats are available by calling the team's office at (509) 544-8789 or by going to www.dustdevilsbaseball.com to purchase tickets.
Felix Minjarez transferred from Tri-City to Lake Elsinore.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 25, 2019
- C's Six-Run Outburst Sinks Volcanoes on Sunday at the Nat - Vancouver Canadians
- Volcanoes Avoid Late Scare in 5-3 Win over Vancouver - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Ems Rally Again in 9th, Prevail over Sox - Eugene Emeralds
- Emeralds Even Series, 11-6 - Everett AquaSox
- Vancouver Rally in 9th Not Enough Falling 5-3 to Volcanoes - Vancouver Canadians
- Hops Win Streak Snapped at 6, Fall to Spokane 9-6 - Hillsboro Hops
- Tri-City Falls to Boise - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.