Vernon Adams Jr. Among CFL Players of the Week
Montreal - Following his inspiring performance in the Montreal Alouettes spectacular come from behind double overtime 40-34 victory against the Calgary Stampeders on Saturday, quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. was named among the CFL players of the week.
Adams Jr. completed 32 of his 50 passes for gains of 389 yards. After throwing two interceptions in the first half, the 26-year-old quarterback demonstrated his mental toughness in the second half, throwing two touchdown passes, adding two rushing majors, including the one that sealed the Alouettes win in the second overtime. He finished the game with 38 rushing yards. With 1:40 left on the clock, he orchestrated drives of 96 and 42 yards, which allowed the Alouettes to force overtime.
This season, the former Oregon University Duck has a 4-2 record as the Alouettes starting pivot.
He was chosen by a panel of judges who independently send their selections to the CFL head office. The panel includes former Canadian Football League players Matt Dunigan and Duane Forde of TSN and Pierre Vercheval of RDS.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Eskimos Make Roster Moves - Edmonton Eskimos
- Bombers and Perimeter Aviation Launch NFL Experience for First Nations Youth - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- BC Lions Sign Two Including DL Jonathan Newsome - B.C. Lions
- Blue Bombers Sign Defensive End McCalister - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Reggie Begelton Honoured by CFL - Calgary Stampeders
- Vernon Adams Jr. Among CFL Players of the Week - Montreal Alouettes
- RedBlacks Fill out Practice Roster - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Trevor Harris Named CFL Player of the Week - Edmonton Eskimos
- Vernon Adams Jr., Trevor Harris and Reggie Begelton named Shaw CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Tiger-Cats Release Two - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.