Trevor Harris Named CFL Player of the Week
(Edmonton) - Eskimos quarterback Trevor Harris is a CFL Player of the Week in Week 10 for his performance in Edmonton's 41-26 victory over the Toronto Argonauts last Friday.
Harris led the Eskimos offence with five total touchdowns en route to the club's sixth win of the season. In the victory, Harris threw for 420 yards and three touchdowns on 28-41 pass attempts and ran in another two touchdowns on eight carries.
This season, Harris has completed 260-361 passes (72%) for 3,051 yards and 13 touchdowns, while also rushing 40 times for 81 yards and six touchdowns. He currently leads the CFL in completions and yards thrown and total touchdowns (19).
This is Harris's second Player of the Week award (Week 1) in addition to his Player of the Month award in June.
CFL Players of the Week are chosen by a panel of judges who independently send their selections to the CFL head office. The panel includes former players Matt Dunigan and Duane Forde of TSN and Pierre Vercheval of RDS.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Eskimos Make Roster Moves - Edmonton Eskimos
- Bombers and Perimeter Aviation Launch NFL Experience for First Nations Youth - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- BC Lions Sign Two Including DL Jonathan Newsome - B.C. Lions
- Blue Bombers Sign Defensive End McCalister - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Reggie Begelton Honoured by CFL - Calgary Stampeders
- Vernon Adams Jr. Among CFL Players of the Week - Montreal Alouettes
- RedBlacks Fill out Practice Roster - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Trevor Harris Named CFL Player of the Week - Edmonton Eskimos
- Vernon Adams Jr., Trevor Harris and Reggie Begelton named Shaw CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Tiger-Cats Release Two - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.