Vancouver drops first end of doubleheader falling 6-3 to Aquasox Monday afternoon
(Nat Bailey Stadium - Vancouver, BC) - The Vancouver Canadians managed just one hit off of three Everett Aquasox pitchers falling 6-3 in the first of two games out at Nat Bailey Stadium Monday afternoon. With the loss, the Canadians fall to 27-39 on the NWL season falling one game back of Everett for 3rd in the NWL West Division.
The Aquasox got on the board in the top of the 1st inning when 1B Manelik Pimental hit a ball to Canadians 3B Rodney Rutherford who made a fielding error on the play allowing CF Tyson Gillies giving the Aquasox a 1-0 lead.
Everett extended the lead to 3-0off of Canadians starter RHP Ronny Morla when 3B Jharmidy DeJesus hit a ground rule double down the left field line scoring RF Wellington Dotel; DeJesus scored on Rutherford's second error of the baseball game when he bobbled a ground ball off the bat of 2B Luis Nunez.
The Canadians got back into the game in the bottom of the 2nd inning when Vancouver picked up a pair or runs off of Everett starter LHP Bobby Laframboise (la-fram-BOYCE). 2B Marcos Luis hit a ball out to Aquasox SS Ben Billingsley who threw the ball away allowing both CF Mitch Levier and RF Jeremy Barfield closing the Everett lead to 3-2.
The Canadians went to the bullpen in the top of the 6th inning when LHP Brad Hertzler watched 3B Rodney Rutherford make his 3rd error of the game on a ball hit to him from Aquasox SS Ben Billingsley. Hertzler then gave up a single to Dotel and then a three-run home run to 3B Jharmidy DeJesus giving the Aquasox a 6-2 lead.
Vancouver managed a run in the bottom of the 6th inning when SS Dustin Coleman singled home RF Jeremy Barfield cutting the Aquasox lead to 6-3. That hit was the final one Vancouver would manage in the seven-inning ballgame.
With the loss, Vancouver falls into last place in the NWL West Division, 9.5 games back of Salem-Keizer; one full game back of Everett for 3rd in the NWL West Division.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 25, 2008
- Vancouver drops first end of doubleheader falling 6-3 to Aquasox Monday afternoon - Vancouver Canadians
- World Record Announced in Keizer - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- The Final Homestand of 2008 Is Upon Us - Everett AquaSox
- Vancouver Canadians unveil new Hall of Fame dedicated to Broadcasters and Journalists - Vancouver Canadians
- Americans Ink Second Round Pick Moser - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Indians and Dust Devils Ready for Series - Spokane Indians
- Hawks even road trip with 11-5 win at Yakima - Boise Hawks
- August 26 - 31 homestand - the final 'stand of the season - Boise Hawks
- Tri-City Beats First Place Spokane - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Canadians Stories
- Vancouver Canadians Look Ahead to 2021 Season
- Vancouver Canadians President Responds to NWL Announcement
- Vancouver Canadians 2020 Season Update
- The Manager's Minute - John Schneider
- A Look at the Top 10 Pitching Performances by a Vancouver Canadians Arm Dating Back to 2011