Americans Ink Second Round Pick Moser
KENNEWICK, WA - Tri-City Americans General Manager Bob Tory announced today that the team has signed 2008 second round bantam draft pick Nils Moser to a standard WHL Players Contract. Moser, 15, was the club's second selection (44th overall) in this year's WHL Bantam Draft back on May 1st.
Last season, the 6'1, 170 pound forward appeared in 43 games for the Airdrie AAA Bantam club in Alberta, where he collected 28 goals, 74 points and 156 penalty minutes. Moser finished in the top-5 in scoring in the Alberta Major Bantam Hockey League. The Canmore, AB-native will play this season for the Notre Dame Hounds Midget AAA club in Wilcox, Saskatchewan.
"Nils is a quality hockey player that combines offensive skill, leadership and physical play along with a tremendous work ethic" Tory explained. "Nils will tentatively join the team for the Red Lion Pre-Season Tournament and then return to Wilcox for his midget season."
Moser attended the Americans' rookie camp this past week, scoring a goal for Team White in the Todd Klassen Memorial Classic this past Saturday. Moser's strong camp earned him an invite back to the Americans' main camp, being held this week at Toyota Arena.
The Americans' main camp is under way this week as the team prepares for the Everett Silvertips Pre-Season Tournament this weekend at Comcast Arena. The club will then return home as they host the Red Lion Hotels Pre-Season Tournament, at the Toyota Center, from September 4 through September 7. Individual game tickets will go on sale starting Tuesday, September 2 at 10:00 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 25, 2008
- Vancouver drops first end of doubleheader falling 6-3 to Aquasox Monday afternoon - Vancouver Canadians
- World Record Announced in Keizer - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- The Final Homestand of 2008 Is Upon Us - Everett AquaSox
- Vancouver Canadians unveil new Hall of Fame dedicated to Broadcasters and Journalists - Vancouver Canadians
- Americans Ink Second Round Pick Moser - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Indians and Dust Devils Ready for Series - Spokane Indians
- Hawks even road trip with 11-5 win at Yakima - Boise Hawks
- August 26 - 31 homestand - the final 'stand of the season - Boise Hawks
- Tri-City Beats First Place Spokane - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.