Indians and Dust Devils Ready for Series
SPOKANE, WA - The Spokane Indians return from the road Tuesday to face the Tri-City Dust Devils in a three game homestand at Avista Stadium. Spokane and Boise are battling for first place in the Northwest League East going into the final 10 games of the season. The Indians are currently five games ahead of the Hawks.
Of the 10 games left in the regular season, Spokane and Boise will face each other six times. Boise leads the series at this point 4-2.
The Indians have a great line-up of special events all homestand long!
August 26th - Back to School Backpack Giveaway (Presented by Holy Family Hospital and Wired 96.9 FM) We will be giving away Spokane Indians backpacks to the first 1,000 children 12 and under and all Banner Bank Diamond Club children 12 and under. After the game don't forget to Circle the Bases!
August 27th - Fiesta Night (Presented by Azteca Mexican Restaurants and KQUP RTN 24) Each inning you have the chance to win Azteca prizes, coupons and even PINATAS! Don't forget, there is also a Fireworks Show on this night! The Fireworks Show from August 9th was postponed because of a fire ban by Spokane County, so those fireworks are rescheduled for this night.
August 28th - Go Green Night (Presented by Department of Ecology, Spokane's River 99.9 and OutThere Monthly) Win a brand new Energy Star Refrigerator on this night. In most households, the refrigerator is the single biggest energy consuming kitchen appliance!
Great seats are still available for the final six home games. To order, contact the Spokane Indians Baseball Club at (509) 535-2922, visit www.spokaneindiansbaseball.com or any TicketsWest location.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 25, 2008
- Vancouver drops first end of doubleheader falling 6-3 to Aquasox Monday afternoon - Vancouver Canadians
- World Record Announced in Keizer - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- The Final Homestand of 2008 Is Upon Us - Everett AquaSox
- Vancouver Canadians unveil new Hall of Fame dedicated to Broadcasters and Journalists - Vancouver Canadians
- Americans Ink Second Round Pick Moser - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Indians and Dust Devils Ready for Series - Spokane Indians
- Hawks even road trip with 11-5 win at Yakima - Boise Hawks
- August 26 - 31 homestand - the final 'stand of the season - Boise Hawks
- Tri-City Beats First Place Spokane - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.