Two Assigned from AHL; Utah Signs Goaltender Kyle Moir
Victoria, British Columbia - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Kevin Colley announced today that the team has been assigned defenseman Josh Meyers and Forward Ryley Grantham from the Abbotsford Head. In addition, Utah has signed goaltender Kyle Moir to an amateur tryout agreement.
Utah and Abbotsford are the two minor league affiliates for the Calgary Flames. Meyers joins Utah for the second-straight season after starting the season with the Grizzlies last year and totaling three assists in Utah's first 12 games. He finished last year in Abbotsford, playing in 11 playoff games and started this year with the Heat as well. Since leaving Utah, the 24-year-old played in 90 AHL games and totaled five goals and 22 assists. He was a seventh round selection of the Los Angeles Kings in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Grantham, a sixth-round selection of Calgary in 2008, comes to Utah for the first time after playing the first year and a half of his pro career in Abbotsford. The six-foot-three forward has totaled one goal, six assists and 202 penalty minutes in 89 career AHL games.
Moir, 24, and a fifth round pick of Nashville in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, begins his pro career with Utah after four college seasons at Lakehead University in Ontario and after five seasons of major junior hockey in the WHL with Swift Current. He went 46-26-1 during his college career and won 90 games during his junior career.
All three players will be with Utah when they open a two-game trip to Victoria Friday and Saturday. Face-off each night is scheduled for 8:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 24, 2011
- Salmon Kings Receive Cameron from Flames - Victoria Salmon Kings
- ECHL Transactions - February 24 - ECHL
- Jackals Loan Frank to Sound Tigers - Elmira Jackals
- Joe Palmer Returns - Toledo Walleye
- Benn Olson Loaned to Bridgeport, Schwartzbauer Added - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Marty the Marmot Earns First Call-Up for NHL - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Two Assigned from AHL; Utah Signs Goaltender Kyle Moir - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder, Comcast Hometown Network Announce Television Coverage Partnership - Stockton Thunder
- From 'Bako' to 'Bingo', Snetsinger Heads Back to the AHL - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings Loan MacMurchy to Heat - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Gladiators to hold team practice at âThe Iceâ in Cumming - Atlanta Gladiators
- "Jump with the Jackals" Tonight at Party Central - Elmira Jackals
- Hockey and Hops - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender Demichiel Recalled to AHL - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 24 - ECHL
- Royals Topple Devils, 6-3, for Fifth Straight Win - Trenton Devils
- Reign Battle Back to Defeat Steelheads 4-3 in OT - Ontario Reign
- Idaho Falls in Overtime, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Early Surge Sinks Trenton, 6-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.