Tristan Ashbrook Named USHL Forward of the Week
LINCOLN, Neb. - The United States Hockey League (USHL) has named Lincoln Stars forward Tristan Ashbrook the USHL Forward of the Week for Week 18 of the 2017-18 season.
Ashbrook, 19, tallied points in all three games last week against the Sioux City Musketeers and Team USA, earning his first three-game point streak. The RPI commit totalled six points (two goals, four assists) including three points in Tuesday's win over Sioux City, the game-winning goal in Friday's win against Team USA and two assists during Saturday's victory over Team USA. The three-game week doubled his multi-point game total to four games this year.
In his first USHL season, the Manistique, Mich. product has eight goals and nine assists for 17 points through 35 games. He is now tied for fourth on the team in goals scored and third among Stars first-year players in points.
This is the first career USHL weekly honor for Ashbrook and the second for the Stars this season. Stars defenseman Carter Long was named USHL Defenseman of the Week on December 18. Ashbrook's award is the sixth weekly honor for the Stars over the last two seasons.
The Stars return to the Ice Box on Friday, Feb. 16 at 7:35 p.m. against the Omaha Lancers. Group and jump-in season tickets for the 2017-18 season are available by calling 402-474-7827. The Stars mobile app is also available in the iTunes and Google Play stores with "tap to buy" tickets, in-game push notifications and a rewards program that puts fans in the skates of a player.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2018
- USHL Names Players of the Week - Week 18 - USHL
- Hawks Host "Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em" Saturday - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Tristan Ashbrook Named USHL Forward of the Week - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Blank Bucs for Fourth Straight Win - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Alum Zach Aston-Reese Makes NHL Debut with Pittsburgh Penguins - Lincoln Stars
- Steel Execute Multi-Player Trade with Fargo - Chicago Steel
- Lancers Take Down Aces, 8-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Recap - EARLY START HELPS STARS TO 5-3 WIN OVER TEAM USA - Lincoln Stars
- Lancers Make Deal with Aces - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.