Lancers Take Down Aces, 8-1
Ralston, NE - The Omaha Lancers faced off against the Central Illinois Flying Aces Friday night. This was the first time these two teams have played one another this season. Earlier Friday morning, the Lancers and Aces made a trade deal. The deal included the trading of forwards, Steven Agriogianis to Central Illinois and Michael Maloney to Omaha. Vinnie Purpura was called on the play between the pipes.
It was all Omaha in the first period. On the power play, Noah Cates opened up the scoring with the wrap-around goal and Ryan Snowden. Cole Gallant then found the back of the net just thirty-seconds later. Cates capitalized again on a loose puck off of a shot from Grant Anderson. Omaha held the 3-0 lead into the second period.
The Lancers did not let off the gas in the second period. The Aces benched Ryan Snowden called on Zach Stejskal to play between the pipes. Mick Kohler found the back of the net to the side of Stejskal. Michael Maloney was called for the assist to gain a point on his past team. Brendan Furry and Christian O'Neill also scored on Stejskal in the second period to give Omaha the 6-0 lead heading into the second intermission.
In the third period, Filip Suchy scored off a backhand shot on Stejskal. Nearing the end of the period, Michael Maloney scored on his ex-team. The Lancers took the 8-1 win.
Vinnie Purpura stopped 24 of the 25 shots that he faced.
The Lancers improve to 22-10-2-1 with 47 points and sit at second place in the Western Conference.
3- Michael Maloney.
2- Filip Suchy.
1- Noah Cates.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2018
- USHL Names Players of the Week - Week 18 - USHL
- Hawks Host "Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em" Saturday - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Tristan Ashbrook Named USHL Forward of the Week - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Blank Bucs for Fourth Straight Win - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Alum Zach Aston-Reese Makes NHL Debut with Pittsburgh Penguins - Lincoln Stars
- Steel Execute Multi-Player Trade with Fargo - Chicago Steel
- Lancers Take Down Aces, 8-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Recap - EARLY START HELPS STARS TO 5-3 WIN OVER TEAM USA - Lincoln Stars
- Lancers Make Deal with Aces - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.