Tri-City Stumbles in Extras
The Tri-City Dust Devils (13-14) fell 4-1 in ten innings to the Spokane Indians (15-12) on Thursday night at Gesa Stadium. The game turned in the top of the tenth inning when the Indians scored three runs with two outs off of Tri-City reliever Wen-Hua Sung.
Hits were at a premium throughout the evening. The Dust Devils only had two hits in the first seven innings of the game. After Spokane scored their first run of the night in the top of the fifth inning, the game stayed tied until the top of the tenth. A pair of big two-out hits lifted the Indians to the win. Jonah McReynolds drove in Jake Hoover with a double off the wall in center field to score what became the winning run. The game went further out of reach for Tri-City when David Garcia hit a two-run home run right after McReynold's clutch hit.
The Dust Devils will look to even the three-game series with Spokane on Friday night. Left-hander Cullen Dana will make the first start of his professional career for Tri-City. The Indians will counter with right-hander Theo McDowell. It will be Star Wars Night presented by Gesa Credit Union and also a CO-Energy Family Feast Night.
Tickets are available by calling the team's office at (509) 544-8789 or by going to www.dustdevilsbaseball.com to purchase tickets.
Images from this story
Tri-City Dust Devils outfielder Matthew Acosta
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Comeback Falls Short in 5-4 Loss to Eugene - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- C's Announce Rich Harden Added to Superstar Series - Vancouver Canadians
- Ems Pounce on Wild Pitches, Passed Balls to Defeat Salem-Keizer - Eugene Emeralds
- Rested, Canadians Find 7-3 Win in Everett - Vancouver Canadians
- Tri-City Stumbles in Extras - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Frogs Drop Game against Canadians, 7-3 - Everett AquaSox
- Hops Jump to Victory in Boise - Hillsboro Hops
- Hops Tack on Three Runs in Second Inning, Hold to Win 3-1 against Boise - Boise Hawks
- Genoves Walks It off against Eugene - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Dust Devils Stories
- Homestand Preview: Dust Devils Are Back July 23rd - July 25th
- Tri-City Suffers Lopsided Loss
- Hot Hitting Lifts Tri-City over Everett
- Dust Devils Walk-Off in Extras
- Mistakes Derail Tri-City