Genoves Walks It off against Eugene
The Salem-Keizer Volcanoes continue their winning ways by beating the Eugene Emeralds 6-5 at Volcanoes Stadium. The sacrifice fly in the 9th inning was one of four RBIs on the night for him. With the win, the Volcanoes would go up to 18-8, the best record in the Northwest League, pushing them up to 2 games ahead of Hillsboro for first place in the NWL South Division.
After Eugene takes a 2-0 lead, in the bottom of the fifth inning, Sean Roby hits an RBI single that scores Kwan Adkins that trims the lead to 2-1 Eugene.
Two batters later, Ricardo Genoves hits his 6th homer of the year over the wall in right-center field to give the Volcanoes a 4-2 lead.
After Eugene re-takes the lead at 5-4, in the bottom of the ninth, Franklin Labour hits a high chopper to third baseman Yonathan Perlaza that gets past first baseman Grayson Byrd, scoring Tyler Fitzgerald to tie the game at 5.
The next batter, Genoves, hit a sacrifice fly to center field that scores Roby and gives the Volcanoes the walk-off win 6-5.
The Volcanoes would play the Emeralds in game two of a four-game series on July 11th to kick off Cancer Awareness Weekend that goes on until July 13th, where former LA Dodger and San Diego Padre Steve Garvey will make an appearance at the ballpark for Legends Night.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Comeback Falls Short in 5-4 Loss to Eugene - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- C's Announce Rich Harden Added to Superstar Series - Vancouver Canadians
- Ems Pounce on Wild Pitches, Passed Balls to Defeat Salem-Keizer - Eugene Emeralds
- Rested, Canadians Find 7-3 Win in Everett - Vancouver Canadians
- Tri-City Stumbles in Extras - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Frogs Drop Game against Canadians, 7-3 - Everett AquaSox
- Hops Jump to Victory in Boise - Hillsboro Hops
- Hops Tack on Three Runs in Second Inning, Hold to Win 3-1 against Boise - Boise Hawks
- Genoves Walks It off against Eugene - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.