C's Announce Rich Harden Added to Superstar Series
(Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium - Vancouver, B.C.) - The Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club has announced a change to its 2019 Superstar Series Roster as former Major Leaguer Rich Harden makes his long-awaited return to Vancouver on Thursday, August 8th at 7:05pm. Harden replaces Dwight Gooden on this year's roster.
Harden became the first Canadian-born player to suit up for the Short-Season C's back in 2001 and still holds the franchise record for strikeouts in a summer with 100. His rise toward the Major Leagues was notable as the Victoria, B.C. native major his MLB debut just two seasons later with the Oakland A's at just 21 years of age.
A nine-year Major League career produced a 59-38 record and three separate trips to the post-season with both the Oakland A's and Chicago Cubs before he retired in 2011 back with the Athletics. Harden has long been an advocate for Baseball in Canada and the Vancouver Canadians are proud to announce his return to Nat Bailey Stadium for the first time in more than a decade.
Tickets to Vancouver Canadians Baseball are on-sale now and can be purchased by calling 604.872.5232, online at www.canadiansbaseball.com or by visiting the Nat Bailey Stadium Box Office at 4601 Ontario Street, Vancouver, B.C.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Comeback Falls Short in 5-4 Loss to Eugene - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- C's Announce Rich Harden Added to Superstar Series - Vancouver Canadians
- Ems Pounce on Wild Pitches, Passed Balls to Defeat Salem-Keizer - Eugene Emeralds
- Rested, Canadians Find 7-3 Win in Everett - Vancouver Canadians
- Tri-City Stumbles in Extras - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Frogs Drop Game against Canadians, 7-3 - Everett AquaSox
- Hops Jump to Victory in Boise - Hillsboro Hops
- Hops Tack on Three Runs in Second Inning, Hold to Win 3-1 against Boise - Boise Hawks
- Genoves Walks It off against Eugene - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.