Toros Fall to Utah Flash
Austin, TX Dec. 5, 2010 - The Utah Flash defeated the Austin Toros Sunday night at Cedar Park Center in a 48-minute game of tug of war. Orien Greene led the Utah charge by scoring 37 points in the 104-98 victory. The win kept the Flash perfect against the Toros this season and pushed their overall record a game above five hundred.
The Toros started the game on fire by shooting 100 percent from behind the arc in the first quarter and jumping out to a 30-18 lead. The Flash responded by outscoring the Toros 28-20 in the second quarter. Playing relentless on offense and shooting 86 percent from the free throw line, the Flash fought hard to keep the lead out of the Toro's grasp. But the Toro's would not be stopped with recent addition to the team, Eric Dawson, responding with five defensive rebounds allowing the Toro's to maintain their lead.
The Flash caught up with the Toros tying the score early in the third. Trailing the Toros for the majority of the second half, the Flash were persistent throughout tying the score four times. The Flash ended the game strong with a 10-0 run. Utah's Orien Green led all scorers with 37 points, 24 of which were scored in the second half.
Utah's Green was followed by Andre Ingram (18), Bennet Davis (14), Brian Hamilton (14) and Brandon Costner (9). Lewis Clinch (17) led the Toros in points scored, shooting 50 percent from the three-point line. Clinch was followed by Michael Joiner (13), Lance Thomas (13), Eric Dawson (12) and Thomas Gardner (12). Carldell "Squeaky" Johnson returned to play after missing four games due to an ankle injury scoring 10 points and nine assists. Newly acquired guard Jermaine Beal (Vanderbilt) played 20 minutes adding three points and three assists in his debut with the Toros.
The Toros (3-5) will face off with the Sioux Falls Skyforce and the Utah Flash (4-3) will play the Erie BayHawks on Tuesday, December 7. For more information please call (512) 236-8333 or visit austintoros.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 5, 2010
- Flash Push Win Streak to Four - Utah Flash
- Stinson's Late Game Shooting Pushes Energy Past Dakota 93-85 - Iowa Wolves
- Toros Fall to Utah Flash - Austin Spurs
- Maine Bounces Back with Big Victory Over Rival Springfield, 119-11 - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Defeat 66ers Sunday in Tulsa - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Explode Against 66ers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Jam Win Second Straight - Bakersfield Jam
- Front court double-doubles not enough as Idaho falls to Jam - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.